Just laughed at by an Indian telemarketer :(

She was doing a phone survey about what type of cell phone I have... prepaid or contract, and I don't have a cell phone.. she laughed at me and asked why not? I said I didn't need one. She said "what happens if you have an emergency and you're not at home" I said "everyone has a cell phone.. you can borrow one". She said "everyone except you" laughed again and then said "thanks for your time"... ugh... I need a cell phone.

Mom2unangel

Asked by Mom2unangel at 10:52 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LMBO!!!!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:55 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• LOL! And how exactly did we all live and make it through our emergencies before cell phones. I'm sure you'll be ok without one.
    mama2my2girls

Answer by mama2my2girls at 10:55 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• She's the ignorant one for laughing.
    CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 10:57 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Geeze people. It was kinda funny. I would have been laughing with her if it was me. Chillax a little. No, you don't "NEED" one, but, I see both your points.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:00 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Honestly sometimes, people from other countries laugh when they are embarrassed by something. So maybe she was embarrassed because she thought she embarrassed you.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:55 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• If you have caller ID you can call them back and let the company know that the person who called you was unprofessional and a total bitch.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 10:55 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• That's pretty rude of her. I would have gotten her name and a contact number and then called back to report this to her supervisor.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 10:56 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Don't let it get to you, not everyone in this world has a cell phone.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 11:00 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Just today I was telling my Dh that I wanted a cell phone and that there have been times when one would have been very useful... I find it very ironic that she called...
    Mom2unangel

Comment by Mom2unangel (original poster) at 11:04 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I'm sure the "why don't you own a cell phone" is a question on her list. I bet you were the first person she reached she got to ask that question! I wouldn't sweat it!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:43 AM on Aug. 20, 2010