can someone call CSB on you if you have a guy friend watching your children?

I have a neighor looking for reasons to call CSB (long story), but I called the police on her not that long ago the cop checked my house and said there is nothing at all wrong in my house to make me an unfit mother, but if she calls CSB they do still have to come out. I don't get a sitter very often, but when I do it is DH's friend he is good with the kids he is 18 years old. I have 2 girls 5 and 2.5 both potty trained and I make sure I bathe them before I leave so he doesn't have to and they go potty on their own. Can she call CSB for a guy watching my kids? What can happen? I mean I am a good mom and I keep my kids fed and house cleaned, but not sure if they can do anything if I am letting a guy watch my kids. She is looking for reasonsto call on me not sure why either. I have noone else to sit for me. Noone at all

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 10:55 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• She can call for whatever reason she likes, but that doesn't mean her claims will be taken seriously. The only way they will have a problem with this person is if he is a registered sex offender or does drugs or has a history of doing drugs! so if you know his history and you know he's clean I wouldn't worry. And the more she calls the less they will take her seriously. Even if they have to come, they won't stay long. And if she calls too often and her claims are unfounded she could be the one charged.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:16 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It is not against the law to allow a man to babysit for you. As long you trust him. There is no difference between a male babysitter and a female babysitter.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:57 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• She can call, but I doubt that CPS is going to care that you have a male sitter. (Unless is is a convicted child molester or something). Don't worry about it. If she does call, and if they do come out, just be honest. She's going to look like an idiot, and hopefully they'll stop listening to her.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:57 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• If she were to call and say "I'm calling on my neighbor because she has a man watching her children"..they would laugh at her. Really..so what! Just because a man is watching a kid means he will abuse,neglecct or mistreat them in some way? There are men teachers, men pediatricians,men that work in daycares, men coaches for kid teams.
    She would have to have somethign more than that to come up with. She can call all she wants to..it doesnt mean anything is going to happen to you over it other than being bothered by her ignorance. In which case, I would file a report and get a restraining order on her immature butt.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:59 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Oh, let your demented neighbor call them. Who cares?

They'll come to your house, see that your children are happy and cared for, and add your dumb neighbor to the list of people who will be charged if they keep harassing others. How is that a problem for you?

It may come as a surprise to your dumb neighbor (but not CSB) that more than 25% of all child sexual assaults are committed by women.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:00 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• If she calls and says my neighbor has a guy friend watching her kids, they aren't going to check that. If she says my neighbor has a guy friend who beats kids watching her children then ya, they probably will come to check and make sure your kids are all right. Depends n what she says. Sometimes it takes multiple referrals to get someone to your house, sometimes it takes one.
    tomib

Answer by tomib at 11:01 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• If CPS takes a call like that seriously,I will eat my laptop,now that has to be the stupidest reasons I have ver heard for someone wanting to call CPS.
    cutebaby06

Answer by cutebaby06 at 12:08 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• that is what I forgot to mention. She is telling everyone I am having an affair with this guy which is a lie I would never do that to my DH and the other she is telling everyone that I said he is a se offender just not registered which is so not true I never said that and I wouldn't let anyone watch my kids that were like that. That is why we are no longer friends cause she is saying lies about me.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I would ignore her and go about my business however I wanted. If she calls, she calls.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• ya I do pretty much ignore her I just don't want them coming over while I am not home. I mean I don't have nothing to hide just well you know lol.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Aug. 19, 2010