Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your home free of harsh chemicals household products?

Answer Question

Asked by HomeBizCoachMom at 11:10 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Health

Level 3 (14 Credits)
Answers (12)
  • No. I like products that work.

    Answer by Keksie at 11:11 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

  • Nope, sometimes a harsh chemical is what is needed! I do however, store them out of reach of my kids of course!

    Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:12 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

  • nope

    and I'm not worried about it either.

    They clean well & I am not stupid enough to let my children near them ;o)

    Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:12 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

  • I have both -

    Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

  • No, I use whatever gets the job done for the right price.

    Answer by justnancyb at 11:17 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

  • I do not use any harsh chemicals and the products I use work. My daughter can clean my bathroom. I love not having to keep any of my cleaners "out of reach of my kids". Can you imagine what the residue is of those chemicals?

    Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 11:22 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

  • Nope, but I have all cleaning supplies in a locked cabinet so the kids can't get to them.

    Answer by jnsdrf at 11:28 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

  • No, I have bleach, windex, lysol, floor cleaner, you name it. And my kid knows better than to mess with them. Residue doesn't bother me, it's not like we eat off the floors, counters or toilets.

    Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:07 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

  • Define harsh chemicals - I don't keep any sulfuric acid in my bathroom or anything if that's what you mean.
    Please tell me you are not trying to sell us stuff... we have enough advertising everywhere else, we dont' need it here too!


    Answer by Morgain at 12:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

  • No harsh chemicals in my home! Considering that the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health analyzed 2,983 chemicals used in personal care products and found that 884 of the chemicals were toxic, 314 caused biological mutation, 218 caused reproductive complications, 778 caused acute toxicity, 148 caused tumors and 376 caused skin and eye irritations- we have switched to safer products! Poisoning by inhalation is more common and can be much more harmful than ingestion - so if you are one of the "safe" moms who keep all those "awesome" chemicals out of reach - you better have your children out of the house while you are cleaning - and remember to not let them touch those "clean"surfaces that have the residual on them. Mommy2Gabrielle has the right idea:)

    Answer by Dew1 at 1:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.