Who got married first?

We have been dating longer but his friends/cousins/my cousin all got married this year.

It is upsetting because we were a couple first but if they are around then it seems like he doesn't even like me. Because they are a couple.

Did you get married before your family friends or wait a little longer like us.

jagrus

Asked by jagrus at 11:18 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• My friends got married immediately after their divorce. I have been with my SO for 3 years and don't even plan on getting married again.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i was the 2nd one in my family to get married, and i am 2nd to youngest on my moms side of the family. Dont see my dads side much so whatever, but my cousins on that side haven't married either. But on a happy note, my older cousin is finally getting married and she is soooooooooooo happy, I am happy to see her that happy, this truly is like the first time she has been 100 percent happy. Its great! So that will make her the 3rd one to get married in our family.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 11:29 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I got married first in my family. I was 18 when I got married. My older sister got married 3 years later when she was 24. I'm not close with my cousins, but some were younger than I was and I'm pretty sure the ones who got married all married much later than I did.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:31 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• All of my cousins were married and started to have kids before me. I think im the last one
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 11:39 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Who cares?

I enjoyed my wedding... and I've enjoyed being married. What other people do has absolutely nothing to do with that, and neither does their timing. I couldn't get married first because I didn't invent the idea and I couldn't get married last because that was 25 years ago now...

Seriously, how is it possible to care?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:01 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I got married to my husband after knowing him for 8 months. We have been together for almost 7 years now. Are you "waiting" or has your boyfriend not proposed yet and your judging them because they didn't have to wait years to get married. People take different paths you can't be mad at them or jealous because you don't have what they do.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:05 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I read your post about the other chic getting attention. You need to live your life, and stop worrying about others. I am on my second marriage. I got married this time 5 days after I got divorced. We got married at the courthouse. 2 of my sisters had nice church weddings. One of them was there when we got married and made a smart ass comment about if we (hubby and I) were raised right, we wouldn't be getting married in the courthouse. Guess what? Sisters that got married in the churches are divorced. Ugly, hurtful divorces. Their marriages didn't last as long as mine. AND they knew their guys much longer then I knew mine (I knew mine a whopping 2.5 months). How long you date, how long you wait to get married doesn't matter. Why can't you just be happy for yourself?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I got married to my husband after knowing him 6 months and dating him 1 month. So I'm probably not the authority on this, haha. The only two people in my family who have been married before me are my older cousin and my older brother.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 1:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I'm the only person I know of under 30 that has been married. And I have been married twice. Does that make me better than them? No, not at all.
    You need to stop comparing yourself to everyone else and be grateful for what you do have.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 2:07 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It doesn't matter who gets married first, it isn't a competition! 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:54 PM on Aug. 19, 2010