would you be suspicious too?

Our daughter has started dating a young man who after a couple days asks her dad, "Sir, may I have permission to date your daughter?" *1st red flag*
He calls on the phone and says, "May I speak to xxx? followed w/ "Thank you ma'am". *2nd red flag*
He talks quite freely to my husband and I and is a pretty cute guy. *not a red flag*
He knows how to do his own laundry, washes his football stuff so it doesn't reek, and gets aggrevated at himself for doing bad on a test. Come On! He says he soaks his own socks for crying out loud!!! He even goes and picks his mom up from work ! He's got to be a fake, a liar, a weirdo, a con job, or he's just simply too good for my step daughter! LOL J/K I thought I would share the yammerings of a suspicious step mom. If he's not faking, he's a rare find in the world of teenage boys these days. He is a pretty handsome guy and our daughter looks like a stick standing beside him. :)

RentaMom

Asked by RentaMom at 11:26 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Maybe he is a polite human being?? I would not have any red flags at all.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 11:29 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I'm sure that there are still some of those good ones around out there..Just watch it..
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 11:29 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Maybe a little bit. I know a guy at one time who was all polite like this and he was not someone you'd want your daughter dating. I saw the real him because he lived with us for a little while, (he was my brother's friend)
    momof3girls1983

Answer by momof3girls1983 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• He was probably raised right.... He sounds really mature
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I don't see any red flags- that was my SO when he was a teenager, and he has only become more considerate as an adult.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:31 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I'm sorry, but why are these red flags? Do you not want her dating a decent polite person? Would you prefer a gang member?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:33 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I think I would stay out of it. The more you try to get a child to to stay away from someone the more they want to be around that person.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:33 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Have you met his parent yet??? maybe they have just plain raised him right! Sounds like he is a good ol boy ;)
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 11:34 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I would be thrilled if my daughter could find someone like that. Of course when she's old enough.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 11:36 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Sabrina -- I'm just paranoid. He is a fine young man in all the ways you'd want him to be around your daughter. :) They really seem to like each other a lot which I am VERY glad of. I just know our youngest has a way of buying into anyones line. I do pay attention to how he acts with her and he has never given me one reason to suspect him. It's just my nature. In fact it's quite cute to see them with each other. It's like a lion holding hands with a mouse. LOL
    RentaMom

Comment by RentaMom (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Aug. 19, 2010