How do you overcome someone getting alot of attention in your home?

So I enjoyed the attention I received when I was pregnant and with the new born but my son is 19 months now and we had a dinner party on Sunday and there was a friend of SO's and she is pregnant, and she got a lot of attention even when my little boy was singing and dancing I had to shout and turn the channel on the television to a video of him to get them to get off her and pay attention to him. I was angry that they got married because they are too young but now she is pregnant and I am pissed because they are practically smothering her with attention at my house. No one cares how it makes me feel. Maybe because I am a little older I should be able to handle it but I have been waiting for 2 years to get engaged they barely dated but a few months when they were engaged we were a couple first. Should that not Trump hers.

jagrus

Asked by jagrus at 11:35 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Man, that green-eyed monster is rearing its head big time! The purpose of other people is not to give you attention.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:38 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• :(
    aww, hun..I really woulnt put that much thought into it.
    You can't change how others react and how others feel..but you can control and change how you feel.
    Be happy not only for yourself and what you have but for her too.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:38 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Im sorry you are feeling this way. However is this someone they dont get to see often, or does she live in the same house as you? In the big picture tho, how long you dated, or she dated, or how long you were engaged or she was engaged doesn't matter. who cares how young they are as long as they at least 18. Why can't you just be happy for them? You and your son can not be the center of attention all the time, and its silly to expect people to make you the center of attention all the time.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 11:39 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Plus, she is 5 years younger than I, and that is too young.
    jagrus

Comment by jagrus (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Wow. Selfish much?
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 11:40 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• y do u have 2 compete?

she will have the baby soon and it will be old news
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:40 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Your opinion on her age doesn't matter sweetie...if she is of legal age, let her be happy with her fiancee and new baby on the way. sorry but you are just being ridiclous about this.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Wow
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Not trying to be mean, but you should be happy for her too! Not worrying about how to "outdo her" or get the attention away from her! Take a step back, and let her enjoy the attention for a moment! I am quite sure you will get your share of attention!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• The less you care about who pays attention to you, the more other people will want to pay attention to you. Be the bigger, gracious person who deserves such attention and give attention to others. They will appreciate it and want to give it back. The way you are going about this and your attitude in this post is all wrong and you are coming off as a self centered attention-monger, which I'm sure wasn't your intention.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 11:47 AM on Aug. 19, 2010