Father-to-be family not invited to only baby shower?

My brother/sis in law are expecting 1st baby after trying for yrs. We are thrilled! But been on bedrest since early on. She lost her job & my brother keeps getting laid off . Her parents are both deceased & has VERY little family. I've offered stuff in excellent condition from my twins, & pretty much have turned down everything. My parents live 5 miles away & have been turned down for any help. My mom, aunts(also bro's godmother) were to host a shower, along w/her sis & sis-in-laws. Needs to be simple & close to home due to bed rest. Planning talk had already begun. Myself & our other brother/wife live OTT, but offered to help financially. My mom just got an email from mom-to-be, that her sisters and my DAD's one sis in law (not the godmother) decided to do a small shower alone for HER close family/friends at home, and none of us are invited, except one aunt. Told my mom she can do 2nd, but she won't make it. Rude or Weird?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Maybe she is overwhelmed?
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 11:47 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• rude and weird
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:47 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I'd say both..rude and weird..
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 11:48 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Rude. But, your brother is to blame also. He is allowing his family to be shut out.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:49 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i agree too that is sooo rude and sooo wierd. I'd just let it go. Sadly, for some reason they don't want anything from you guys :(.
    Walker101

Answer by Walker101 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Wow..that sounds rude and weird.
    Maybe she's overly hormonal right now? Maybe the bedrest has her all flustered and she can't think straight? I don't know.
    I would call your brother and ask him what is going on.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:50 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Maybe she is over whelmed. Maybe have your side of the family plan a meet and greet after the baby is born.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 11:51 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Totally rude.
    MelissaF30

Answer by MelissaF30 at 11:51 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Rude rude rude and just plain mean! I would very unfront and ask why she chose to exclude everyone?
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 11:58 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Thanks. For whatever reason he holds something against my other brother and me. Not sure why. Something to do with the fact we finished college & are doing well (well struggling with job losses also and the economy) & he seems to love what he does as a talented carpenter, but I don't get it. He never says anything to us about it, but to my parents apparently. But we seem to get along fine w/them and have fun when we visit and love him and his wife very much. He's always had issues with my mom growing up and they fought alot. But we thought that would pass eventually. This is really for my mom. She is devastated. She so badly hoped to be involved with them and the baby. She's asked to go see ultrasounds (like she did with me) and gets no answer. She wants to pay for their crib, and they seem to agree with that. He's finally letting her help with laundry he brings over, but that's about it. She's super nice to them.
    wuundertwins

Answer by wuundertwins at 12:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2010