Water filter in apartment??

Our city water is just nasty tasting. I am thinking of getting a filter system because water bottles are expensive after a while and our local service isn't cheap either. I was thinking of doing like a Pur or Brita system but I don't want anything that involves messing with the plumbing since it is an apartment.

Do any of you have something that you live by that works in an apartment so I don't tick off the maintenance guy and I can still have good tasting water :)

Walker101

Asked by Walker101 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I just bought the PUR water pitcher for the fridge & the water tastes great from it. I paid $16 at Walmart.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I live in AZ and the water is yuck, so I got a Pur and it is easy to install and the water is great. You flip the switch when you want filtered water .
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• the water faucet filters just screw right onto your faucet, they are easily removed so no problems for renters.

or you could get the water pitcher style filters that you fill at the sink and then put in the fridge
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:51 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You could also look at getting the Brita Pitcher system .....goes in your fridge for COLD water.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:52 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You could get a pitcher system. You just pour in the water, it filters it out and you put it in your fridge.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 11:54 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• We have a Brita water pitcher and when we lived in an apartment we had a big one where you put your cup under and then push the button.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2010