Im trying to fight the urge to go see my fiance

Hes on a month long training operation, hes a Marine. Is there anything I can do to get my mind off of it?

noahsmommy12908

Asked by noahsmommy12908 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Plan something special for his return. That way you can focus on him- but you have a reason to keep your mind where you are, rather than so far away. :-) Good luck- and thank you!
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 11:49 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Its a crazy feeling huh!!! I love the idea of a project that could make his return special. It keeps yourself busy so u don't feel like you are jumping out of your skin :)
    Walker101

Answer by Walker101 at 11:51 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I opt for the first two answers, thats what I did when my husband was gone (he was in the navy). A project to work on that is about him is awesome. Because it still allows you to think of him but to focus on something else. Maybe make him a quilt or a scrapbook of the kids! It allows him to see what he missed in a fun way, without rubbing it in.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:57 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• The fact that you'd get him in trouble, so it would be kind of mean to do?

Write him a letter... clean the house... go for a run... paint a picture... make some food for the freezer...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:54 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I know that he would get in trouble so I understand its not the best idea in the world lol
    noahsmommy12908

Comment by noahsmommy12908 (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Do you scrapbook? Cause if you do you could scrapbook a page on him and one him being gone with journalling about how hard it is. If you don't you could start lol.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I am a scrapbooker:) I will definetly do that and stay busy with my son
    noahsmommy12908

Comment by noahsmommy12908 (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Consider taking college courses at a community college. One of my sons just turned in his financial aid papers yesterday and classes start in a week and everything is going to be fine about financial aid and registration. It's not too late. They said he will probably get $12,000 with pell grant and stafford loan. Tuition is only $700 a semester and he can use the rest however he wants (buy a car, pay off credit cards, down payment on house, whatever. You can just get the pell grant. It would comer the costs of tuition and books with $$$ left over. This son takes all his classes online.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Oh, one time while my husband was on a 3 month thing, I printed out all of the emails we exchanged (our only form of communication) and made a binder about it. I put in the stuff we sent each other, but I also wrote a journal to him and put that in there as well. And each time I thought about him during the day, I would write down something cute or even write a sappy love poem and stick that in there too. And then I decorated it and drew hearts all over it. It was sappy, but he loved it so much because it showed him how much I missed him and thought about him when he was gone. A lot of guys in the navy and army worry about their wives back home, not only worrying about their well being but also worrying about their faithfullness (not because of distrust, the man thinks he's away too much and its only fair that the woman "wanders" so not true of ALL military wives, but of some)
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:03 PM on Aug. 19, 2010