What are some good crafts that I can do with my 2 1/2 year old son?

noahsmommy12908

Asked by noahsmommy12908 at 12:10 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• There is an air dry clay made by Crayola that if foamy. I can't remember what it's called, but it's soft and light. It would be easy for him to manipulate. He may also like making stepping stones, but you'd have to really watch him, and wash his foot or hand off fast.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:13 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• glue+uncooked pasta+construction paper!
    Take a piece of paper, draw a funny face in glue, and then have fun adding different kinds of pastas to the glue to make a noodle-man, noodle-woman, or a whole noodle-family!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:14 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Pudding Painting!!!! Fun and he can lick his fingers while making a master piece!!
    1NikkiPikki

Answer by 1NikkiPikki at 12:15 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Or if you dont mind, shaving cream crafts...or crayola also has a product out now, called window markers, they wipe off with a wet towel. my children love coloring on the window!
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 12:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Pudding Paintings, mix up some instant pudding, grab wx paper and create a masterpiece, they're good enough to eat.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 12:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I don't know...I am looking for stuff to do with my 2 1/2 yo son as well, so here is a bump
    KnitWit0686

Answer by KnitWit0686 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Sand art is always a big hit here, large bottle of easy to squeeze glue on dark construction paper, then handfuls of sand thrown on it LOL All 3 love that one. A new fav here is to mix dish soap and water in a bolw then to blow it with a large straw till it reaches the top,drip a few drops of food coloring on the top and lay a white sheet of paper on it gently and blow some more, this creates bubble print pics and makes a heck of amess that they LOVE!!!
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 12:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• painting!! my 2 yr old loves to paint with his monster trucks!! put a some paint on a large plate, run the wheels thorugh the paint then onto paper. looks really cool too.

beading. you can get these large wooden beads at any craft store, then just buy shoe strings, and for a craft project you can paint the wooden beads.

make rock critters,,, go find rocksn then paint them and then decorate with eyes and whatever.

baking.. anything!! all my boys helped make pancakes this morning. With my 2 yr old, I usually premeasure everything and then let him add the ingredients and mix them. Sugar cookies are the best because I use them on days were we can't make it outside. morning we make the dough, then afternoon we cut them out and cook them, evening we paint them with koolaide frosting.

Make sirts... get fabric paint, go to the thrift store buy a bunch of plain colored shirts and just let him go crazy. ITs fun and cute.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:53 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I have a 2 year old girl and sometimes we will make necklaces out of cereal...just need string and use cheerios (regular and chocolate) or fruit loops. They can eat it afterwards :)

We also print coloring pages off the Internet and finger paint with that new Crayola No-Mess paint.

I wanna try that dry clay from Crayola. I think my daughter would love it!

When it becomes fall and leaves start to fall, I wanna go for walks and collect pretty leaves with her and then paste them on construction paper. You could also collect acorns and whatever else you find. I used to do this when I was little :)
    oxojen178oxo

Answer by oxojen178oxo at 12:11 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Painting ----- 1. marble painting (place sheet of paper in a baking dish or cookie try allow child to put marbles cover it different color paint in tray and roll the marbles around) 2. give paint on a paper plate and give the child sponges, erasers, plastic forks, napkins, old necklaces, blocks, old dried up markers etc...

Clean Watercolors --- old dried up markers and water on paper

Use old paper to make new paper (google how to make paper)
    chalk outside
    songs to dance and run to
    old dishes/ spatula/ wooden spoon (especially Tupperware) and dirt or worms or grass or shredded paper or socks
    or start a band making homemade instruments
    nature walk, collect rocks (which you can paint) collect leaves (which you can paste on paper) follow bugs so you can see where they live and what they eat

I have more but I am out of room ... message me if you need more
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 21, 2010