Why have I gained 6 pounds since conception and I am only 4-5 weeks along?

swalds

Asked by swalds at 12:12 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Bloating can sometimes occur then.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:13 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• bloating, or maybe you aren't eating very healthy foods? a lot of women (me included) feel pregnancy is a time to eat whatever you want, and that is just a recipie for disaster b/c that is how you gain too much weight. But I am sure you are doing everything you can to be healthy. Dont stress too much about your weight, just try to exercise lightly and eat healthy and you should have a healthy pregnancy.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 12:15 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Bloating, water weight, and stress eating can all cause weight gain. Keep up with your current exercise routine and eat healthy food. Enjoy this weight gain - it's all for a great cause!
    MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 12:15 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I did the same thing, and my mom said with all of her pregnancies she did too. She said she thought it was extra blood and water weight. If you get bad morning sickness you'll probably lose the weight lol
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 12:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I would say bloating and water weight, but no worries....this is a time for healthy weight gain.
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 12:31 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I only gained 23lbs with my 1st and 12 with my 2nd
    mommaofemma

Answer by mommaofemma at 12:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• do you have morning sickness? I knw sometimes with morning sickness you can eat more to stop the sickness?
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 2:32 PM on Aug. 19, 2010