Should I call him? I am doing a slow boil right now...

I have been with my bf for 5 years. 2 of the 5, he has lived 3 states away, he moved because his job transferred him. We generally see each other every 3 months or so. Last month he called me all excited because his work was sending him here to my town for a week. He was supposed to be here Monday. I said ok well call me when you get in. Monday night he hadn't called so I called him. He said that the project was changed and he would be here Wednesday instead. Wednesday morning I got a text message as soon as I woke up from him that he had to do a presentation in NY and got delayed another day so he said he would be flying in late last night and would see me today. Well it is shortly after 11 am. I don't know if he is here or not, he hasn't called. I think he has been rude all week with updating on what was going on. I am pissed to be kept waiting and don't want to see him at all. Should I call? Am I being childish?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• I would be annoyed as well..he should keep you updated if he wants you to be available to see him. If he doesnt know his schedule that is one thing but he sounds like he is being evasive.

ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:17 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I think your feeling that way because you were so excited to see him and you've been let down each day all week. So, its normal to feel upset about it now. I would just go ahead and call him and see what is going on. You have every right to.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:15 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Long distant relationships are very hard. This is one example of why. You are right, an update without you initiating it would be nice. It's just common curtesy. See him when he does finally show up and discuss whether or not you can continue w/ the relationship the way it is now.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Id call to see that he made it in and check on him, kindly! dont get mad at him...being in a long distance relationship is very hard, if you get mad at him it will push him away even more, so give him some space and time to relax from his job and then try to see him.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I would be furious if I was expecting anyone to show up on a specific day and they don't even have the courtesy to call me when they know they are to be delayed by even hours, not just days. Him being a s/o is WAY more reason to be angry. He sounds selfish and rude.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I would not call him. In fact, I would rethink the entire relationship.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 12:17 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I would be pissed and I would stop calling. If he wants to see you he will contact you.
    Mena929

Answer by Mena929 at 12:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Jobs change. My husband changes all the time and sometimes I have to either cancel our plans or go by myself with our son. I am thankful that he has a good job though! Just call him and don't be angry about it and see what is up.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Did you make any special plans, based on him being here this week? Because I know I would have, and I'd be really pissed that he never had the common courtesy and respect to call with updates as soon as he could so I could change the plans. Long distance relationships are hard, everyone knows that, but that's no excuse for not calling or texting you. It takes a minute to text. He can't help work. He can help his manners. Just because he's your BF and not your hubby is no excuse either. I don't think you are being immature at all.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• So what ended up happening? Update please!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:03 PM on Aug. 19, 2010