Is it possible to become confident if you are the most shy, insecure person around?

If so, how can one make it happen? As an adult and as a teenager... I need help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Health

• You can find self confidence by looking in the mirror nad finding the good about yourelf. Say to yourself "i I am a beautiful peron" over and over. Alot of this i in your head you have to come out of your shell to be noticed . Good luck
    stephmom1985

Answer by stephmom1985 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I am still shy but I am confident. You have to become involved in something you believe in and are good at. I went to college and made good grades. I have seen ppl get same results thru work and money too. Or some who like being a mom. GL

KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Shy is a state of mind. It's something you allow yourself to be. It's a safe zone to keep from getting hurt, to keep from being judged, to keep from being vulnerable. It's something that an individual chooses to be. Even if initially it's something one naturally is, if the awareness presents itself to the individual then it then becomes a choice. Being shy isn't a disorder, it isn't something we're forced to be, and it isn't genetic. With that being said, being shy is something you can choose not to be. Now, I understand that it isn't easy to suddenly stop being shy. I for one have experienced the transition and it can be quite challenging. However, for the sake of the person it is a healthy choice to make.

Self confidence is knowing your strengths and accepting your weaknesses. For example, I have a knack for photography, but I am horrible at math. (Contin)
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:39 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• (Contin) Whether it's character, personality, physical features, talents, you have to be aware of what you're strengths and weaknesses are. That way you can build from those to become a better You. Now, that sounds like a self help book, but in reality once you accept who you are the easier it will be to love who you are. Everyone knows that nobody is perfect and that in itself is great, so build from that and find your own little piece of ground to stand on. Once you love who you are for everything you are, the easier it will be to break out of your shell. It will be easier in romantic situations as well, because if you can't love you then you surely can't truely love someone else.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:41 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Read Paula Dean's book about her life. You'll be inspired and hopefully be able to apply some of the same solutions to your own life.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 12:52 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You should find something your good at and use it to achieve confidence inside and out.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:07 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Yes, you have to start with figuring out what's lowering your confidence. Then work on that. I've learned to "fake" it so even when I feel humiliated and wanna run and hide, I keep my cool and nobody knows that my head is really about to explode lol. I'm not necessarily shy but I do have social anxiety. What's worked best for me is to face it head on. When I started my job I had to market to the public which meant literally going up to random people in the streets and being friendly with them. It took a while and I never thought I could do it but eventually became easier and made me less nervous in social situations as well. It just takes work.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:09 PM on Aug. 19, 2010