working with bleeding placenta previa

My sister is pregnant with a baby she was told she would never have and now 11week5days she keep bleeding because of the placenta being in a bad spot. She was told just to take it easy and most people go on to have healthy babies. The problem is she has to return to work at a high school feeding 15oo lunches on 8/25th this job is very physical lifting and moving heavy items on your feet running all day. I told her I dont think she should work at least a month or more. She said they have to have both incomes his is not enough to cover their home. sorry so long Is their any programs that she can apply for income durring her time off?

neaneah

Asked by neaneah at 12:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• perhaps her boss can give her a lighter workload during her pregnancy
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• She could ask for light duty- or have her doctor send a note saying that is all she can do. Being pregnant, they can't force her to work if she's in trouble. Also, most school systems have short term disability, which pregnancy falls under.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 12:31 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• She needs to let the school know she can only do light duty so they can work with her (they have to, but they have to know first), and she should be able to get short term disability if she has to stop working.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• She should see if she can qualifu for short term disability through work. She NEEDS to be on bedrest. It is possible that as the baby grows and the uterus stretches, the placenta will move up and the bleeding will stop. But in the meantime..she REALLY needs to be on bedrest!
    I had the same problem and it was monitored through ultrasound. The placenta was still lying low but it did eventually move up and the bleeding became less, but I still spotted.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:03 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I agree with Kim above, she needs to be at home or at a desk type job and not working hard at all. Any thing can cause the bleeding to worsen and at just 11+ weeks, she needs to take it easy! Get a note from her OB and get Short Term Disability until the previa resolves!

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2010