Can someone give me a list of what is good housing cleaning is about?

We just moved in to a house and would love to keep up on things. Thank you so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Its funny, I used to go room to room cleaning. It seemed like it took up my entire day. Then, I changed the way I though about cleaning. Now I do the whole house in less than an hour! I do it top to bottom, left to right, task by task. The key is doing all the rooms by task, for example... dusting... I start in the farthest bedroom and work my way around to the dining room.

Load the dishwasher and start it, pick up the laundry and put it in the chute/hamper for each room. Make each bed. Dust each room swifferly (lol). Collect the garbage, spray the counters in kitchen/bathroom, squirt the toilet, grab the vacuum and start in the farthest room, when you get to the bathroom I give the toilet a swish and wipe the counter/tub, sweep the floor and continue until you get to the kitchen, wipe the counters and sweep the floor. Wet swifter the floor and take out the garbage... DONE
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• cleaning is for health reasons & to make the place look good.

lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 12:32 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• House Cleaning would include dusting, doing dishes, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, washing clothes/bed sheets, washing windows, etc. All of those things are meant to kill germs and keep bacteria at bay. Causing the home to be cleaner and safer for the family who lives there.

Is that what you mean?
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Plan a schedule that is maintainable. It is hard to keep up with an impossible schedule. :-)
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 12:39 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Google housecleaning templates and lists. I find them helpful. Also House notebooks/binders
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:42 PM on Aug. 19, 2010