Female Israeli soldier in inapproprite pictures with prisoners. Why havent I seen one comment on this?

An Israeli soldier, female, post pictures of herself in front of Palestinian prisoners who were handcuffed and blindfolded with huge grin on her face. Another picture shows her sitting next to a prison also handcuffed and blindfoled, leaning into him smiling. No one sees anything wrong with that?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100816/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_palestinians_facebook

erin7420

Asked by erin7420 at 12:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• To those of you who are not bothered because this has nothing to do with America, would it make any difference if the victims in question were not prisoners?

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:08 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Of course to my morals it seems she wasn't being professional. But this may shock you, I live in the United States not Israel and I don't expect my opinion to matter on how they treat their prisoners since I am not a citizen of Israel.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:04 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I have no right, nor place to have any emotion about that. I've never been in her shoes
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:46 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I could honestly care less on what she does with her life.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 12:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I haven't seen that .....so I can't decide anything. How can I know if I object? And how do we know what is really happening? Grrrrr....don't assume anything about us or guess that any of us don't see anything wrong....just because we haven't posted a question about it?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• "Hmm ive seen worse from US soliders and guys they have captured in Iraq."

Everyone has seen that. Because it was broadcasted all over the world. That's the point!! I don't know hardly anyone who has heard of what this Israeli soldier has done, the media is not running with it like they do with any other soldier from other countries who mistreat and humiliate their prisoners.
    VeganMuslimah

Answer by VeganMuslimah at 1:08 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My husband was in the Marines as well :) He also served multiple times in Iraq and Afghanistan. Did you somehow miss the whole media scandal about the treatment of prisoners at Abu Ghraib? Any servicemember, from ANY country, should be ashamed of themselves if they took pictures with the intent to humiliate these people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ghraib_torture_and_prisoner_abuse
    VeganMuslimah

Answer by VeganMuslimah at 1:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I don't get what you want. Yes, it was unprofessional, but me not living there does matter. I have no effect on how they treat prisoners. I can't vote for officials who would say they would make sure it never happens again. Also I am not there, how do you or I know its not all over Israeli news? And obviously its gotten some sort of "air time" since you are quoting yahoo. What would you like to happen? US cut all ties with Israel based on one soldiers poor behavior? 5o you want her to go to US prison and go through our courts by basing the case on how our soldiers are to treat our prisoners? You're not making sense, there isn't anything we can do about it and I am sure if Isreals policies on prisoner treatment were ignored by her she'll be disciplined.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Guess what, Im an American too and I live in America also. We jump into everything else that we shouldnt, so why not this

It's called being selective and it's rampant on this site. Flip flop the participants and the same folks would be spewing anger. Some  do this with the Constitution too. Some want to honor the words to the letter, until it's use does not suit their belief system or agenda, then "it's taken too literally, should be amended or just because something can be done, does not mean that it should be done." Lots of conditional folks-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:45 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Who cares about the pictures! She didnt have a naked prisoner in cuffs standing over him like the iraqi prision phots of our american troops!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2010