My son is due in thrity one days, can i begin the paperwork to file for sole custody now?

I live in Omaha Nebraska, after his father kicked us out. He currently resides in Arizona and works in Nevada. Can I begin the paperwork on custody and child support now before he is born? Who do I contact?

roaming_charges

Asked by roaming_charges at 3:18 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't believe you can do this until the baby is actually here. They need to make sure the father won't show up to sign the birth certificate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I'm not sure but I would call the family court in your area and they will be able to answer your questions.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:16 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• if you are not married you have to fill out a form to allow him to sign the birth cert also saying he is the father if you dont sign it he has to fight you in court to say he is the father
    Daruth

Answer by Daruth at 4:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2008