Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son is due in thrity one days, can i begin the paperwork to file for sole custody now?

I live in Omaha Nebraska, after his father kicked us out. He currently resides in Arizona and works in Nevada. Can I begin the paperwork on custody and child support now before he is born? Who do I contact?

Answer Question

Asked by roaming_charges at 3:18 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • I don't believe you can do this until the baby is actually here. They need to make sure the father won't show up to sign the birth certificate.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

  • I'm not sure but I would call the family court in your area and they will be able to answer your questions.

    Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:16 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

  • if you are not married you have to fill out a form to allow him to sign the birth cert also saying he is the father if you dont sign it he has to fight you in court to say he is the father

    Answer by Daruth at 4:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.