What are you favorite uses for leftovers?

I've just really started getting into using leftovers for things other than just having the same thing again. I like to make casseroles from left over sloppy joes, I put meats and veggies as toppings on baked potatoes, and today I'm going to try to make a fajita soup with left over fajita vegetables and meat. What is your favorite use for left overs? Is there a specific food you make simple for the leftovers?

MamaSarah1104

Asked by MamaSarah1104 at 12:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I love doing stuff like that.

When I have left over chili I make chili pie. Layer the chili (with beans) with corn kernels, some crushed tomatoes or salsa, cheese and top with cornbread batter. Bake until cornbread is done. I have also used leftover chili over spaghetti.

I have used left over pasta salad to make a hot pasta dish. If it seems a little dry, I add a little more dressing to moisten. If there is any leftover chicken, I dice it up and add it to the mix. I usually have veggies in the pasta salad already. Top with some cheese and bake til bubbly.

I have used left over mashed sweet potatoes to make fried pies.

Leftover pinto beans make really good bean cakes. I have a recipe if you'd like it.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 1:04 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I love doing that too. One of my favorites is turning leftover rotisserie chicken into burritos.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 1:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I rarely re-make leftovers, since we do a lot of casseroles & such it's kind of hard to re-make those into something else! My kids love leftovers just as they are anyway. I do re-make leftover meats into various things (roast for soup or bbq, for one example).
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 1:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• They generally go in a thermos for lunch

Answer by rkoloms at 8:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Soup. I can make soup out of anything!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:28 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Nothing. I hate leftovers!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:50 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Lol. My husband used to say that when we first got married lol, but sometimes I'm pretty sure he doesn't even realize we are having leftovers lol. He also does well at eating them for lunch lol. Would you hate leftovers even if you they looked like a completely different dish?
    MamaSarah1104

Comment by MamaSarah1104 (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• maybe not, but I usually dont make enough to have leftovers, and if I do they just sit in the fridge, which is why I hate them
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My husband eats leftovers. I can't stand the smell of them the next day. I think the only thing I will eat is leftover pasta.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:59 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I hate it when they just sit in the fridge! That's why I try to find uses for them lol. I'm getting better at not making too much lol. But when my husband and I first got married I was still used to living with my parents and making meals for five or making my moms recipes which are for 5 too lol. But I just can't bare to throw away food lol.
    MamaSarah1104

Comment by MamaSarah1104 (original poster) at 1:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2010