Why am I receiving PM's to close questions in a certain area?

Has CM appointed moderators, now?

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I dunno, I've gotten them too... They are driving me nuts!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:04 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• What are PM's? There are too many abbreviations here at Cafe Mom.
    I haven't a clue about how things at Cafe Mom work.

Answer by gertie41 at 1:03 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• there have always been mods.

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:04 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• PM=private e-mails. THANKS!

Answer by gertie41 at 1:14 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• The only section I can even think of doing that is CFC (Crazy for Credits) and that's just because of what kind of section it is. It's there for people to get credits and help others get credits, so you have to close questions out pretty quickly. I think I've had one open for close to 24hrs there and I never got asked to close any. If it was CFC, just close it out because it shouldn't have been something important anyway. If it was somewhere else and not a Cafe_so and so message, ignore it. Truelove made a good point about CFC, too. It just gets overloaded sometimes and makes it hard for people to find stuff.

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:40 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I didn't think they did it for other sections but yeah C4C should defiantly not have any open questions :)

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:52 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I just got one of those earlier today. It's the third or fourth one I've gotten. I've also gotten replies that say, "Can you close this question and award me best answer?". I honestly I think they think if they ask, they'll get best answer. I don't respond to peer pressure, so they might as well stop sending me messages.

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I've never gotten a message to close a question - and I've got some old ones I never closed!

Answer by 4time-mom at 2:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Well I am not involved in this on either side, but why post in crazy in for credits if you have no intention on giving out points? Just a thought.

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• what's a pm?

Answer by mompam at 1:04 PM on Aug. 19, 2010