• In the Spotlight:

IDEAS FOR FEEDING

hello - can you guys tell me what your feeding the little ones for breakfast lunch and dinner.. i feel like im running out of ideas :) my baby is 1 and eating table foods w/gerber fruits and veggies and stuff

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mine ate corn beef and cabbage, pizza, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, pot pies. and thats all i can think of right now.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 1:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Depends on how many teeth your little one has. You could always get a baby food grinder and grind up the food ou are eating. That is what I did with my son. He didn't want baby food anymore. I just stayed away from things like strawberries and peanut products for a while - and whatever else they tell you can cause allergies if given to early. My son is three now, so I don't remember all the thigns you are supposed to avoid. :-P Good luck!
    Annastacialynn

Answer by Annastacialynn at 1:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Stop the gerber stuff. It isn't needed. Samples of whatever you eat (within reason -- no deep fried jalapenos for example :) )
    Literally, go to the produce section and have at it. Your baby can eat any table food with obvous exceptions like hard nuts.

Check out Baby Led Solids

My baby is 10 1/2 months and since 7 1/2 months has had table foods (never jars or purees) from asparaus to kiwi to mango to persimmon to cauliflower, beets, broccoli, blueberries, figs etc No fuss other than normal cooking.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My daughter just turned one and she basically eats what we eat except breakfast. I mostly eat cereal for breakfast so I will give her half of a banana, pear, or peach cut up into bite size pieces and I don't peal the skin off. For lunch if I have a sandwich, I will give her the parts of a sandwich just not as a sandwich and in small pieces. So I would give her half a piece of bread, half a slice of cheese and half a slice of turkey. Then maybe a quarter to half a tomato or avocado cut up into pieces. For dinner she would get part of whatever we have. Last night we had stuffed shells and she had two.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• At a year old, all of my kids were eating the same meals the rest of the family was, with few exceptions.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 2:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• When my son was that age he ate a huge variety of foods
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 4:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2010