how do u guys feel about exes having each other on facebook as friends even though they share a child ? just curious

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• if they share a child its fine
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 1:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I think if they share a child then they should remain friendly, and it's a good way to keep up with their child's life even when they're not together, so I would understand it. Without kids I'd find it a little odd.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 1:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I wouldn't like it at all.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I don't think its a big deal as long as:
    A.The current dh or so doesnt object to it
    B.There is nothing more going on than the sharing of pictures of thier children in common and its a place to talk about thier children and nothing more
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I don't see a problem with it, regardless of whether they share a child. My husband and I both have several exes on our Facebooks, because we are still friends with those people.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 1:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• some exes are better friends than lovers. thats why they are exes.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 1:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• depends on their current relationship
    when they share a child, there will always be some knind of relationship
    hopefully it is a good one for the child
    but not one where feeling for each other are still like they were in the past
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I have no issues with my hubby being friends with women having children together or not. I know my hubby loves and cares for me. I am friends with his ex that they have children together matter fact i just got off the phone with her. Some people can have a relationship have children together and break up and still get along. I feel it is a part of being and acting like an adult. Drama is not something i want anything to do with at all. I do enjoy my drama free life.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 1:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I can't see a problem with it at all. I mean, they share a child. That's pretty darn important. Now if it was an abusive relationship and the child was abused, I can see someone hesitating about having their ex as a FB friend, but other than that I just can't see why it would be a problem. And if someone's new SO thinks it's wrong for them to keep in touch and share photos and updates with the other parent, they have issues, IMO. I couldn't be with someone who tried to tell me what I could and couldn't do, I expect more respect than that. And if they get pissed because I have an ex as a friend on FB, ESPECIALLY the father of my child, then I would probably end it right there because that is very immature, disrespectful, and just plain stupid. Again, this is just my opinion on it, I know other people may disagree.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I'm friends with a number of my ex's on FB, and we don't share children... If we didn't have anything in common, we never would have gotten together in the first place, so why wouldn't we have things in common now?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2010