Any other moms with RA out there?

Just diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis at 31. Anyone else out there on CM?

mamallamaof2

Asked by mamallamaof2 at 1:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Health

• My family leans on me for so many things....I was always the strong one. the one that got things done, wasn't scared to argue for my point. It's so hard for me now knowing that sometimes I can't even pick up my infant, I have to ask others for help and usually when asked 'are you ok?' it's followed by a slue of ailments that are bothering me at the moment. I get so tired of telling people that I love that I can't or my head hurts or I need a nap or just plain sick because I did to much. It is very hard everyday and until you pointed it out I didn't realize how much I needed to know that there are other people like me.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 4:40 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Not me but my SIL has it pretty bad - she's 34 with 3 kids..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• UGH! yeh we have 3 kids 5 and under. Hugs to er!
    mamallamaof2

Comment by mamallamaof2 (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I don't have RA but I have Psoriatic Arthritis which is very similar to RA. I am very thankful that I only have one 3 yr old.

I don't know how you do it! Kuddos to you for being so strong!
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I don't have RA but another similiar one, I have Fibromyalgia. Some days are really rough. I don't know how I make it through the days most times but I do cause it needs to get done. Good luck to you...Friend me if your just looking for a friend to talk to when you feel crappy.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 1:31 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• HUgs to all the mom with chronic medical issues going on. It is rough, I was surprised how hard it is to find people to talk to. My family andfriends are so used ot me being the one to go and go and go and not ever complain so I havent said anyhthing to them abouthow much painI have beenin for the past year but sheesh lol sometimes you just want to know you arnt alone!!
    mamallamaof2

Comment by mamallamaof2 (original poster) at 8:52 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Oh and btw I'm only 28 years old...we're not so different.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 4:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2010