Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some advice about my husband who won't leave me alone and get out. Someone please help me!

I have asked my husband to leave and he just won't he has called all of our friends and made me look like a very bad person. I am thinking of getting a PPO against him so he will leave me alone. He tells my friends that he still loves me and won't let me be. Someone please help that might know what I should do.

Answer Question

Asked by heatherw19 at 3:49 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • Call the police and tell them he is harassing you and you want him to leave (for whatever reason) and get a restraining order against him so if he breaks it he will be jailed and then fined for it. Don't you already know this? Common sense says yes.


    Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

  • could you leave?

    It's hard to make him leave if he doesn't want to. If you don't want to be with him, you could go somewhere else. I know that means leaving everything behind and a lot of change, but it might just be what you have to do to get away from him.


    Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

  • I have a friend who was in the same situation and when her husband did leave he started watching their apartment and calling her all the time. She finally moved out and is filling for divorce.

    I would call the police and see what they say. There may not be anything that they can do, unless he is threatening to hurt you because you are still married and not separated.

    Send me a message if you have any questions on what my friend did. Be careful and Good Luck

    Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:41 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

  • If you are both on the lease or both own the house then you can't make him leave. Him not leaving is not grounds for a restraining order. You can leave if you want but, he can call the cops and stop you from taking the kids from their home. You should probably try to file for a separation that way custody is straightened out w/ visitation and one of you can leave the house.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 7:19 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

  • This is true, if you are both on the lease, then you can't make him leave. If the situation is really really bad, do what I did, pack up and leave. Surely you have someone you can stay with for a while until you can get a place of your own. Then during this time I would file for a separation, and get temporary custody of the kids. Plus if he is really bad, you would wan to get an order of Protection from him. That way if he does come around, you can have him arrested. I pray that things will work out for you, just remembet that sometimes we have to leave in order for them to leave us alone. best wishes!!

    Answer by Freda01 at 7:50 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

  • Um, just me but, what exactly did your husband do that bad, that you are going through all this? just curious. I feel bad for the guy, not knowing that he did something to deserve this

    Answer by cloud144 at 8:25 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

  • I was in this position with my first husband about 7 yrs ago. I asked him for a seperation in Sept and he wanted to "work it out". Fine. After months of not trying to work anything out, and things getting progressively worse, I was finally fed up. I left in March and went to a friends house and told him I wouldn't come back til he was gone. He left that day. I know it was immature of me to do it the way I did, but I could see no other way to get him to go. Good luck!

    Answer by drowninginboys at 9:56 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

  • I went through the same thing and it took 3 months before he finally left but not with out problems. I also called the police but he was a sheriffs deputy so they would not help me. I even went to internal affairs and nothing they protect their own. Stay strong and rely on friends and family to not be in the house when he is around. Ignore him whenyou are in the house at the same time and lock him out of the bedroom for sure. My ex talked to all of our neighbors as well and bad mouthed me but I will tell you what one of them saved my life when he jumped me coming into my house and tried to beat me with the phone. I hope your relationship does not end the way mine did but just stay strong and he will get tired of it all and leave. Maybe calling th cops or speaking to an attorney for advice is the best thing.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.