toddler sewing patterns

Anyone happen to know where I can find a cheap/simple sewing pattern for either feety pajamas or (somewhat preferable because I'd like a hood) a cat costume? I need about a 24 month size.

Also, if you've made something like this before, any ball park on how long it took and how much the supplies cost? I've got a sewing machine and I know how to use it, but I don't claim to be an expert, and have minimal time available.

coder_chick

Asked by coder_chick at 1:32 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I'm not sure if you have a Hobby Lobby store nearby but I always buy my patterns the weeks they have them on sale for $.99 and buy them up then. I've found that the Simplicity patterns are easy to read and do then the McCalls and I havent used any other brands. I actually have a pattern for footy pajamas I got for my 6 month old...they look a little difficult but I dont think it'd take but maybe 2 hours at the most to cut it out and sew it together. As for the cat costume, Im not really sure but Ive been seeing a LOT of Halloween patterns out.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 3:25 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• my mom does it, i can't sew to save my life! lol but she usally gets her stuff from walmart. you can go on-line and price out jo-anns and michaels though. sometimes they got stuff on sale. but most of the stuff mom made was from walmart.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 1:41 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Also do a search online for tutorials/free patterns. There are tons of sewing craft blogs out there that you can get things for free. Other than that i usually go to walmart or joanns.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• but to get patterns for much cheaper go on ebay.com or etsy.com I have gotten alot online and even with shipping you're paying less than in the store. YOu can even go to the store and find a pattern that you like and then search online by the pattern number.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2010