Is this wacko?

I have a friend who recently got married. She was normal. Now it seems she is being brainwashed. When she gets emails her husband has to read them and he even responds for her, she cant go or wont go anywhere without his permission or with him there. I would like to remain friends but it just seems creepy he is reading my emails to her and responding. Then after some research by other friends we found out he was in prison for 7 years for something to do with a minor and is listed as a pedophile. Thank God she has no kids. How do we help her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• sounds to me like he is her master and she is the slave, there isnothing healthy in this relationship she needs to get out now before the abuse starts! trust me its how my relationship started with my ex, he would screen my calls and if someone called and he didnt no who it was he would answer the phone and tell them not to call again.
    As far as staying friends with her goes yes i would there is nothing more lonely than being in a relationship and not able to talk to someone ANYONE without the fear of him finding out. IF it werent for my friends i would probably still with my ex. Help her understand she needs to get out NOW! and be there for her when she needs a shoulder to cry on.
    karenc1969

Answer by karenc1969 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Oh my gosh. Don't know, but stay friends with her, she will probably need it in the days to come!
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 1:50 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• This is not a spouse, it is a gestapo!

Answer by older at 1:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• intervention!!!

he is nuts
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• WOW.That sounds like a horrible situation. I honestly don't know what I would do.
    In one hand, if you just stop talking to her, she will become more isolated and eventually she will have noone...and he will have complete control over her life. On the other hand...who wants to deal with that.
    I hope she comes to her senses and gets out of that situation before children are made.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:50 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Does she know that he is listed as a pedophile? I think she needs some kind of intervention. If she is totally brain washed like you say, then it's going to be hard convincing her. Does she have any close family you can contact? Do they know about her husband's behavior & his history?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:50 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I wouldn't be sending her emails if this is what's happening. Does she realize that the situation is crazy? Or is she totally passive about the whole thing?
    SCARY!
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 1:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Is she close with her family? I had a friend who was like this and he controled her every move from right down to what she ate. This is a form of abuse and until she realizes it there is nothing you can do is be there for her.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:55 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• She does know she says they have both made bad mistakes in their lives and have decided to forget their past and move forward as a couple.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I am sorry what was her bad mistake?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2010