bloody show

follow up from my previous post: I ended up not rushing to the hospital early this morning. See I am an hour away and can't afford for them to send me home after 4 hours ( I know it sounds bad but I'm not made out of $$) my contractions slowed down after I drank a glass of water. However, I am still losing this nasty mucusy discharge gunk. I know I have lost my plug (my doc confirmed it) is this fricking bloody show or something??? I don't even have to do anything and it comes out. Last night it was blood red and now it's light brown and DISGUSTING!!!!!! lol, I am also having constant menstraul cramps. could I have an infection or something?

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 1:53 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think you'll be having a baby within a few days but there are no garuantees.
    I had my DD 2-3 days after my bloody show.
    Good luck & early congrats!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• The mucus plug can grown back. Also if you have had sex recently, it could have irritated the cervix and that could be where the blood is from.
    It all sounds like your body is working perfectly. I know it can be frustrating when you are so eager to have the baby, but it is best to stay calm and relax. Your body knows what it's doing. Have faith. It wont be much longer!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• um no i would say thats the sign your baby is not to far from being born...i lost my plug and then it turned brown...I would say congrats since it doesnt seem like its going to be much longer now...i might even suggest calling the l & d where you plan to deliver and see what they suggest you do..sometimes they will have you come in especially since you are a good way away...good luck
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 1:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I was bleeding for 10 days before my little girl finally came. I lost my plug and it was bloody and gross! You can get an infection but I never did. If you take a bath use bath salts. My water made a big mess to it broke and went across the room onto my husband...it made the plug thing seem normal!
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 1:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• U need to get to the hospital!!! I'm sure they won't send u home.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• nope havent had sex (my husband is too scared lol) havent done it going on 2 weeks now. My hubby wants me to call my docs office and see what they say. If i do I will definetly update you guys...thanks :)
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• The hospital charges may a set fee like $2000 for a vaginal delivery with a 2 night stay. If you go in to be checked it's free.

Why do you think you need to go to the hospital because of bloody show and some contractions. The doctor should tell you when to go. You don't need to go until you are in active labor. Call the doctor's office and ask what to do. The doctor can check you in the office and that is included in the doctor's fee.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:59 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Those cramps that you are having that feel like menstrual cramps may still be the contractions. If it were me, I would just go on in and get checked at least. None of us are made out of money but ask yourself..do you want to give birth at home or half way to the hospital or would you prefer to have the baby IN the hospital. Although...home or your car would be cheaper,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:10 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• at Gailll I don't want to rush to the hospital but I know when I call they will tell me to come up, go to L&D and have them monitor me. being checked at L&D or at my drs. office isnt free either. can you kind of understand my dilemma lol? I'm trying to stay home as long as I can but hence this being my second child they do tend to commonly go by a lot quicker. just because my water breaks or something doesnt mean I have a few hours to wait. My sister in laws water broke and her baby was born an hour later. I know I'm not her but I don't want to take any chances. I'm not going to deliver at home or in my car. I have complications that will need medical attention if things do not go smoothly.
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 2:17 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• ok girls called and talked to my doc. like i said she wants me to go to L&D and rule or rule out labor. She thinks this is it. wish me luck and pray for my little guy :)
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 2:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2010