Do you tip people who deliver floral arrangements?

My husband often sends me flowers, but I've never tipped the delivery person. Today, though, he surprised me with roses, and the guy looked miffed, as if he was ticked I hadn't tipped him. Should a floral delivery person be tipped? And if so, why and how much?

Asked by SlightlyPerfect at 1:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Shopping

• i think so

been so long since i got flowers

wow, i am jealous of you, but happy for you

Answer by fiatpax at 2:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I have never tipped a floral delivery person..they get paid to make deliveries...i wouldnt even know where to start for a tip

Answer by jorjiegirl at 2:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• If I've ordered them to my home for myself then yes, If they were sent to me by someone else, no I have never tipped.

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• well I have never tipped a flower person. I figure youre getting a gift and they are doing their job.

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• when I send flowers i ask them to add the tip to my total, usually 7%, I feel like that is my responsibility not the person who is recieving them

Answer by leksismommy at 2:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Yes. I'm not sure how much. I would be different in different parts of the country.

Answer by Gailll at 2:02 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Thanks, ladies. If I order them, like I often do for family members or DH, I'll tip, but I have never tipped on a gift.

Comment by SlightlyPerfect (original poster) at 2:03 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I wouldn't think so- I would think this should be paid for by their employer or paid by the person sending them (its not like they are the pizza guy LOL) but anyhow you could call the company (not mentioning the guy) and ask what their policy is ... That could give you an idea. p.s. here's some more - no need to tip ;-)

bunch of roses

Answer by hotrodmomma at 2:03 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I wouldn't tip someone bringing me a gift...

I know what the delivery ppl get paid at our floral shops around here and trust me they are making much more than someone who delivers pizzas...

Answer by kfroz0415 at 2:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• No I dont think so...
    You tip in cases that YOU are requesting a service, pizza, bell hop, waiters... But if someone suprises you with something at your door, your not sappose to come ready with bills in hand! :-)

Even if someone sent me a sing-o-gram or something (where someone sings happy birthday to you on ur door step, or whatever) ... I would not tip them. That is the job of the sender.

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2010