How can I keep it on him?

My 20 month old will not leave his diaper on at night, I have put it on backwards, duct taped it, put shorts on him, everything i can think of and he still manages to get it off.
Any ideas on how to keep it on him?

HisLove18

Asked by HisLove18 at 2:03 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have a 2 and a half year old he dosent need a diaper in the day. So of course he probably thinks he dosent need one at night. I let mine pick out pajamas that he was excited about and he kept them and his diaper on for about a week. lol Now I wait till he falls asleep to put them on. Im hoping this phase passes soon I have waisted sooo many diapers.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:07 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• The only thing that has worked for my daughter so far is to put her in a onsie with snaps at night time.But even with that, I've recently noticed that she has been sticking her hand and arm down through the neck and undoing the tabs on the diaper,lol.
    I guess shes determined.
    Is he potty training? Maybe try a pull up instead.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:06 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• hmmm...put jammies on backwards? - we had to tape our DD's on too LOL .......KIDS!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 2:05 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Well, it might sound kind of early to some, but he may be trying to tell you that he is ready to start potty training. Maybe give him big boy potty training pants and start working on potty training and he'll be happy :) worth a shot, right?
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 2:09 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Yes we just started potty traning 2 days ago, I got pull ups and put one on him last night but he just pulled it off like he did his diaper.
    HisLove18

Comment by HisLove18 (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• IMO just leave it off. Put down an abosrbant waterproof pad and just leave him bare and put him on the potty when he wakes up (the usually wake up to pee especially first thing in the morning).

Don't use pull-ups. They make potty training much more difficult. Use Training Pants. They can catch one wee, but the absorbant water proof pad will take care of the rest.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• COTTON training pants...
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2010