Is dog food cheaper at your wholesale club?

I was just wondering if anyone knew if dog food was less expensive at BJs, Sam's Club .... or whatever wholesale club you belong to?

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Pets

• Cheaper isn't always better. Be sure to read the ingredient labels. The food should have a named meat and/or meat meal as the first/second ingredient. Choose a food with NO corn, wheat, soy, byproducts, bha/bht, menadione, or artificial colors/preservatives. I few good brands are Canidae, Taste of the Wild, Wellness, Orijen/Acana, & Blue Buffalo (there are MANY others). These foods you will NOT find at a grocery store, Walmart, or wholesale club. The only good ones I've heard of is from Costco called Kirkland Signature and Nature's Domain (grain free). They are made by Diamond. Kirkland Signature is comparable to Diamond Naturals and Nature's Domain is comparable to Taste of the Wild. They are pretty cheap from what I've heard. You can go to http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/ & http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/ to get ratings for just about every brand there is.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 3:01 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• We get dog food from costco, and the kirland brand is healthier and cheaper.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 3:08 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Ditto re browningmom's post.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My gets hers @ Sams I think...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Well my dog has noxious fumes out her rear so she is on a special diet. We get it at Tractor supply and it is a good price. Less intestine fortitude. I have no sense of smell so I could care less but the rest of the house hold appreciates it greatly.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:43 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• we get ours at sams and our dogs do just fine
    Walker101

Answer by Walker101 at 12:10 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I got a 50 lb bag of name brand dog food at Sam's Club for $20 so that's a lot cheaper then WalMart
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 8:05 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• you know, I actually find better prices on my dog's food at the military commissary and at the local ethnic markets in town. :)
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:00 AM on Aug. 29, 2010