reasons for diarrhea adult content

my daughter who is 29 mos old has had diarrhea for the past 4 or so days... i fed her plums as a snack for the first time the other day, she had only two slices, could this be it? or is she most likely sick? anyone have experience with the runs in kids. i heard the brat diet works for this and using vaseline to wipe and keep in her clean diaper. I stopped giving her any juice, its just milk and water, any other ideas?

rjacob2008

Asked by rjacob2008 at 2:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would give her pedialite (spelled wrong I am sure), diarrhea is caused by dehydration sometimes. Also, she might be teething...my kids have had diarrhea while teething and a low grade fever. Also could be a stomach bug. Either way, make sure she gets plenty of water and pedialite or gaterade works well, too.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 2:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• give your doctor a call, 4 days is a long time
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 2:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• call your dr... my daughter (almost 1) has had it for the past 2 weeks.. they said 4-5 days is too long.. they'll probably want to run tests on her stool samples (my daughters pedi did).. i still haven't gotten the results back.. hope your little one is ok!!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2010