Going to take a trip to the shore for the day sat and need ideas.

We are planning a day trip to the shore for sat thur sunday. We will be taking our 3 month old son along. I need ideas as to what things to bring and way to make the trip go smothly.

nikkik526

Asked by nikkik526 at 2:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Umbrella so you have a shaded place to put him under/
    HisLove18

Answer by HisLove18 at 2:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Sunshade or umbrella. Hat. Long loose clothing if going for a short walk and exposed to the sun. I wouldn't use any sunscreen, but would advise you to be in the shade and avoid direct sun during peak hours 10 to 2. Bring a trash bag for your dirties if you use disposables, a wet bag if you use cloth. A spray bottle with water...a nice spritz on the surface of the skin is very cooling.

If you breastfeed its a real breeze.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:32 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Anything for entertainment! We took our 3 month old to the beach a couple of months ago and he wanted nothing to do with anything there.. Possibly bring a bouncy seat (if your baby likes/has one). It worked wonders for us. Also, my doc recommends Blue Lizard sunscreen.. it's hard to find but it contains Zinc oxide and is gentle enough to use on babies under 6 months.. obviously you want to avoid direct sun exposure for a long period but it helps for the time they are in the sun. Make sure you have an umbrella with SPF.. I found that the one we were using in our yard provided shade but not protection from the sun. Have fun!!
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 3:15 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Something for him to be shaded with, hat or umbrella. I would recommend the bouncy seat also.
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 3:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Cheerios to snack on ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:31 PM on Aug. 19, 2010