should some one go back to an abusive relationship if the abuser has changed his ways? My ex use to drink and abuse me to no end and now he is wanting me to come back and i dont no what to do.

karenc1969

Asked by karenc1969 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• I would never go back to someone who has abused me, i dont care if they have changed they can always regress and you could be back to where it all started.
    HisLove18

Answer by HisLove18 at 2:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Be careful take care of yourself.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• No. He needs to earn your trust before you jump back into that relationship again. Whether it's friendship or a romantic relationship he needs to earn your trust. You don't owe him a damn thing.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 2:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I've never been in that situation, but I would think that it would take A LOT of change and proving himself to me that he's changed for me to ever go back.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 2:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I don't believe that aggression ever really goes away, I would never be able to FULLY trust a person who abused me like that and I wouldn't put your children in the same situation to fear that either.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• NO! Once a loser, always a loser. He could be suckering you back so that he can abuse you somemore.

If you really want to give it a try, take things supper slow and don't allow him to move in.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 2:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Has he been through counceling? Therapy? Has he quit drinking? If the answer is no, than what makes you think he has changed?
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 2:32 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It depends. Has he gone to therapy, worked through his issues, owned his mistakes, admit he hurt you and others, accepted the consequences to his actions, and then is willing to continue therapy?

If you answered NO, to any of the above, run.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It would take a lot of proving.... DON"T MOVE IN!!!! Just date for a while and see how it does.... take it SUPER SLOW!! And if he start to be abusive in any way then stay away from him forever since he will never change... GL and be safe!!!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Just be careful in whatever you decide.

Answer by older at 2:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2010