Thoughts on PPD meds???

What are your thoughts and expiriences with PPD medications? My OB just prescribed me Zoloft?.....I was wondering if anyone has taken it while breastfeeding....they say it's safe...but I don't really believe that.

CABlonde

Asked by CABlonde at 2:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Health

• I take super b complex vitamin along with my womens multivitamin. Sometimes when I find Sam-E that comes in a 30 day supply I take that as well. Helps to move around walking or cleaning house too.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 2:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I had to take celexa while pregnant and BFing - the stress of PPD is not safe either so the benefits of the meds for me was worth it..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Just PLEASE DO NOT TAKE PAXIL! I have been on this evil drug for 13 years. I can not get off of it. The withdraws make me want to commit suicide, and I am not a suicidal person. I was prescribe this at the age of 12.. It was just thrown around, and the doctor put me on it I was having what they thought were panic attacks, turned out to be my blood suger bottoming out. Zofloft isn't that bad at getting of it.. just don't take paxil!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 2:39 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Zoloft is one of, I think, 2 or 3 depression medications that have been approved for breastfeeding. I was on Zoloft while breastfeeding and it helped so much. I did a lot of research about it before I got it, and I'm glad I did because if I hadn't, I might not have been able to breastfeed because of stress and depression interfering. I'm pretty sure that I read that if it does pass through breast milk, it's such low amounts that it's hardly detectable. Just do some reading and research and do what you feel is best with it.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2010