After breaking my little toe 4 months ago, it shouldn't still hurt when I bend it, right? I followed doctors orders & kept it taped.

My toe still hurts when I put pressure on it or bend it but doesn't hurt all the time. What are your experiences with broken toes?

dizziestdreamer

Asked by dizziestdreamer at 2:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Health

• I'm 30, I broke my toe when I was in 8th grade and it still hurts sometimes...
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I fractured my wrist 4 years ago and had to have surgery on it. When I do certain things with it it gives a tingly pain but nothing extremely painful.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It is prob. jammed... If you can pop it, It does hurt.. but gives you immediate relief afterwords.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 2:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I broke my big toe when I was 20yrs old(I'm 40 now) but there are days that it still hurts some(weather). But it took about 3to 4 months to heal okay. Watch out for buying new shoes cause everytime I buy new shoes my big toe hurts until I get the shoes worn in. I found out that by putting my new shoes in the dryer and warming them up good and then put them on helped to stretched them out better.
    Dee288

Answer by Dee288 at 2:46 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I broke my little toe last summer, and had surgery to have it repaired (a bad break--usually they'll just reset it and tape it). Mine still hurts on occasion--usually when there's pressure on it from the side.

I don't think it's unusual for a broken bone to hurt to some degree long after it's healed.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 2:20 PM on Aug. 20, 2010