What price range do you register for the baby shower?

I wanted to put nothing more than $30 on my registry because I know everyone is struggling. My mom says I should put more expenssive stuff on it too just in case people want to ' go in' on a bigger present. Im not sure which way to go

leksismommy

Asked by leksismommy at 2:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• To be honest, my friends and family got what they wanted for me reguardless of what I put on my registry...lol Oh well! lol But I would make one up, so at least they know what kind of colors/themes your going with.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 2:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• We go from a quarter to five hundred dollars. Sometimes people like to pool their money to get a nicer gift.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• $1-$300
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 2:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My registries have always ranged from .99 to about 200-300 dollars. I just put all the things I need an want on there. There way there is something on there for ANY price range if someone chooses to give me a gift.

A lot of people will not pay any attention to the registery but a lot of people do. Just put everything you still need or want on there. That way if someone only has 5 dollars to spend they can get a pack of bottles or a few of the heath care items. Then if someone wants to spend 10, 30 or 100 they can find the gift that's right for them.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• $1-$200 It couldn't hurt anyway because if they don't have the money for the more expensive items they will choose something on your list thats cheaper.
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 2:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Make sure you have a lot of items in the under $30 range (I've seen some registries before where there were two $20 items and everything else was over $50), but feel free to register for some more expensive stuff that you need. Some people like to give group gifts so that they can give something nicer (like a high chair or a car seat or a stroller), and some people may just want to spend more individually. As long as your registry isn't only made up of $100+ items, I don't think anyone will have a problem with it.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 2:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I made most of the things on the registry under $30 but I Put the furniture, stroller, car seat, etc... that I wanted on the registry too (which obviously cost more than $30) people might want to go in together for one of the bigger gifts, they might surprise you and buy it, or they might contribute a gift certificate towards the bigger ticket items. Plus, a lot of stores will let you get a discount on any items that are left on your registry after your party.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:42 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I always put everything I'm planning on getting for the baby anyway, regardless of what I get at the baby shower. I find the list helpful after the baby shower because I have a shopping list left. So I know exactly what I have and exactly what I need.
    I let my friends and family know that of coarse, so they don't feel obligated to buy the bigger items. It's always great when once in a while they do splurge though. ;-)
    Mommalissa018

Answer by Mommalissa018 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I just put what I wanted and needed for the baby. I was not concerened about the cost, not at that point. Your registry helps to give people an idea what to get you, but they do not have to get something on the list. They can get what you want at an less expensive price.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 7:46 PM on Aug. 19, 2010