Mary kay or Avon?

Which one do you like the best (please explain why)?

Shades_0f_C0l0r

Asked by Shades_0f_C0l0r at 2:39 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I like using Mary Kay. I love their mineral foundations, lipsticks, them all. They are a great company. I agree with Jademoms they put alot of research into their make ups. And they aren't too much over the price of Cover Girl & stuff like that.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 2:43 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I am partial to Mary Kay because I used to sell it. I used to sell it because it was the only makeup that cleared up my skin and made it look great. I don't like Mary Kay because they constantly changed their product line. I stopped selling it a decade ago. I will say this, because I sold it, I also knew what was in it and found comparable products on the store shelf to replace it with for much less money.  Sure Ms. Mary Kay's dad was a leather tanner and he knew how to shrink pores and make skin look smooth and they do spend a fortune on research, but so do companys like LOreal...that's Lancome of Paris, by the way.  If I actually had money to spend on cosmetics...my favorite company is Estee Lauder.

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 5:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I like Mary kay for their mineral foundations and mascara...Also the fact that they only market items for beauty so they sink loads of money into research. I don't like that they are constantly changing their formulas so that once I find one I like, they change it once again.
    I like Avon for the 8 hour lipstains and nail polish and also the health items.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:42 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Mary Kay. I used it in graduate school and it really cleared up my complexion. Maybe its just that I developed a routine about cleaning my face but I like to think it was the quality of the products.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You can find comparable quality with some of the Avon to the Mary Kay. Avon is generally less expensive. There is less pressure to buy from Avon. So I say Avon.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:42 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• AVON... I love the Glimmerstick Eyeliner and Lipliner.

Mary Kay is too expensive and doesn't work on me.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:54 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Avon. It's much cheaper and I tend to be allergic to less of it. Mary Kay dries my skin out horrible and irritates it. Mary Kay can be very expensive, and people are generally turned off by it. Mary Kay has no products luring me in to try, Avon does. Plus, my Grandma used to buy Avon routinely. Gotta love Sweet Honesty. =)
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 2:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• avon i think its better quality its my opinion
    michelle34231

Answer by michelle34231 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Avon. I'm really allergic to the Mary Kay products, my whole face gets blotchy and I get hives
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 7:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• avon
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2010