How do I make my relationship with my partner as exciting as when we first met!!!!

Jolena21

Asked by Jolena21 at 3:02 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Treat each other, and do things for one another like you did when you first met. With adjustments of course due to age./kids..etc..

When couples first get together. It's exciting, it's romantic, things happen that make the heart flutter and make you yearn to be together.. We feel that way, because we actively pursue one another and do things to make each other feel that way. We are trying to "win" someone over. We are trying to show someone that "hey, I am "The one", I'm the one that will make you happy, that you want to be with"..etc.. Once we are in long term relationships. Those things go bye bye in most relationships at some point and time. And one day we wake up wondering "hey, where did those feelings go".. KWIM.. Those feelings stick around, as long as we are actively working towards feeling them and making our partner feel them.
    Put in the effort you did in the beginning, and those feelings can/will come back.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:07 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Be excited to see him every time. Do little things that make him happy. Praise him when he's done something well. Out of the blue, make a comment that is a compliment, such as, Pete did a nice job on the bookshelves, but they aren't nearly as nice as the job you did on the porch.

Answer by Bmat at 3:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Thanks for the advice!!! It' really breaks my heart to feel like I have no feelings towards my partner at all when I know that I was so happy in the beginning! I do love him very much we have just been struggling financially in the past few months and it has really put a number on the way we treat each other! We have like no sexual relation at all due to me not having confidence in my body since ive had a baby 7 months ago! Alot of it is my fault! I just want to be a better women and grow up! Thanks again! you have encouraged me!!!
    Jolena21

Comment by Jolena21 (original poster) at 3:12 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I really know how you feel, ive been having this problem ever since i got pregnant for the second time. sometimes i dont even want him to touch me, i just want my space, but i found that when we go out together without our son, and we got our alone time in that helps. I usually try to get him to dress the way he used to because then it brings back the feel of who i fell in love with, and also we never do the things that we use to when we first met, so now any time im feeling that way we go out on like a date, but we do the things we used to. it really makes us feel closer... and it actually turns out that he was missing it too...
    shannonrenee09

Answer by shannonrenee09 at 3:15 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Act like how do did when you first met? In other words, be a girlfriend again.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 4:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2010