Potty Training Little Boys

I am starting to potty train my son.
I have helped potty train my little cousin who is a girl but I am clueless as to were to start with Zac.

HisLove18

Asked by HisLove18 at 3:02 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Get a small potty, introduce him to it and keep encouraging him to sit on it. Watch for the signs (dancing around, etc.) and take him when you think he needs to go. What worked for me & was a suggestion my friend made: The first few days I let him go without clothes from the waist down. He caught on pretty quick. That can be messy though...Good luck!
    dizziestdreamer

Answer by dizziestdreamer at 3:13 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My son is still a bit young to potty train, but i was at a yard sale one day, and my husband and i seen a cute little plastic stand up urinal. i think it would maybe make it a bit fun. just a thought. you can google them. very cute.
    shannonrenee09

Answer by shannonrenee09 at 3:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It's the same. Get a little potty with a splash guard. He can sit too. Then, when he has it down. Have him stand like the big boys.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:05 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I put the potty out in the open let him get aquainted to it. At first he may play with it. Say things like "Its time to go potty" or "Mommy has to go potty why don't you come with me". Hope that helps.
    dlshaner

Answer by dlshaner at 3:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I threw all the diapers away and put him in undies (used pull ups for nighttime) gave him lots of juice, and took him to the bathroom alot lol, he held his pee all day! (little booger) until his dad came home and showed him how "cool" it is to stand and pee :) good luck with whatever you do! and dont get discouraged!
    faithnseansmama

Answer by faithnseansmama at 3:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2010