Inexpensive Christmas Ideas from baby..please read

I need to do something that is inexpensive for this christmas. My fiance and I are really tight on cash. I would like something that is creative that my son who will be 1 can give to his grandmas and aunts. Does anyone have any ideas? I would like it to be something that we can make

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• can you do a photo album? You can put some nice, fun pictures from different stages of your son's life, if you have pictures with grandmas and aunts that would be great. You can paint your son's hand and put it on the first page. Or you could do a frame and put a favorite picture of your baby- well a picture with grandmas/ aunts would be better.

You can google about ideas on doing crafts.
    r_b

Answer by r_b at 6:45 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• At this time in America, who ISN'T tight on cash? Because you are making items for multiple people, I suggest something simple and cute. While my husband was deployed, I would send him "cupcakes" made in baby-food jars. It's really simple to do. You just buy cake batter and mix it up then pour the batter into the baby food jars and cook at the recommended time for cupcakes. When they were done, I would put a piece of hershey's bar on the top to melt so that it makes a kind of "icing". Then I sealed the jars up and decorated them. I would hot-glue pictures of family on them and use a shirt decoration pen to write messages on the bottles. You could decorate the top with cloth and ribbon. If you want larger cakes, mason jars work as well. My husband LOVED them and he would use them to store memorabilia in afterwards. Anyways...just an idea!

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 6:51 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• hand print ornaments are always fun :)

take the plastic or glass (I prefer the plastic due to safety) ball ornaments & acrylic paint. wait for baby to fall asleep if he doesn't cooperate well. paint baby's hand with paint and place on ball, remove hand. let dry. you can decorate with inexpensive paints and ribbons if you like.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 7:10 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• check out some of the stuff on this site http://www.allfreecrafts.com/christmas/index.shtml too
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 7:12 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• It seems things have always been tight at my house. My kids make gifts for everyone. Some favorites have been plaster footprints and hand molds. Also a framed photo of baby and the family member.
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 7:33 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• We make pine cone ornaments... just add glue, glitter and a ribbon.
    evasmom178

Answer by evasmom178 at 8:25 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• anything you son gives them that he made will mean the world to them make them a hand bag buy a canvis bag at your local craft store and let him finger paint and put his hand prints on it in black and dont let him use black paint so the will show
    Daruth

Answer by Daruth at 10:04 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• How about buying one of those plain picture frames from the craft store, like a white one or light color. He can scribble the outer edge with crayons. Or you can decorate with beads, glitter or etc. and he can put his hand print on paper and you can frame it, or add it with a picture of him.
    Momofcinco

Answer by Momofcinco at 10:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2008