Thses are the things that make me proud to be a Christian :)

At church a young man stood up bc he wanted to tell his story at church. He told us how much he loves Jesus and how much he loved the church. He has things going on in his life that most of us would buckle under the pressure yet he still has more faith in his heart than most can find in a life time. While he spoke I got teary eyed. He had a hard time getting the things he want to say out bc he has severe downs syndrome. Times like this make me proud to be a Christian. Do any other Christians have things that make them glad they are Christian?

crazymom21

Asked by crazymom21 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I can understand being happy for the young man. Happy that he has so much faith and has overcome so much adversity. But I truly do not understand where the pride of religion comes in, especially in regards to his audience. I think faith can be a wonderful thing, but to be prideful in it? I don't understand that concept.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Watching my young children pray makes me so content, especially knowing God is listening intently.
    NDD

Answer by NDD at 3:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I'm always proud to be a Christian. It's like my security blanket know that he's with me at all time!!!
    Sonylena

Answer by Sonylena at 3:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Um makes me proud that his parents actually give a shit about him and raised him well, with love and faith in his heart. I dont' think it has anything to do with being a Christian per say, just an outstanding young man with outstanding parents.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Zakysmommy its not his parents that raised him this way. They allow him to go to church though which is good since he loves it so much. So in a way you are right. Listening to my children pray is another for me too :) yes He is like a security blanket! He has helped my DH so much just in the last few weeks that he has been strengthening his relationship with God.
    crazymom21

Comment by crazymom21 (original poster) at 4:02 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You make a very valid point kelleyP77 you are right and pride is probably not the best word for what I was trying to say. Thank you.
    crazymom21

Comment by crazymom21 (original poster) at 6:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Listening to my son pray brings me great joy as well. I also enjoy when he asks me to read the bible to him and I love saying grace together before meals :)
    my_monkey_baby

Answer by my_monkey_baby at 6:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Isn't the dictionary definition of christian "pride"???
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 7:10 PM on Aug. 19, 2010