HELP....i need some ideas for a little boy who is turning 4 in a few days...he wants a nintendo ds like his 6 year old brother but im afraid its too out of his age range...is there something compatible and also for his age?

HOTMOMS23

Asked by HOTMOMS23 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• V-smile

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My son has a ds and he is 4yo and he loves it. But if you don't want to get him that, how about something like a leapfrog leapster?
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 3:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• V-smile has some great toys that are hand held, Leapsters, ect.... (& most of the vsmile games go into their handhelds. same with Leapster I think.)
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 3:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• our boys got their ds's when they were 4 and 5. i thought my 4 yo would be too young for it too, so we also got him a v pocket. he actually did just fine with the ds, and we rarely use the v pocket. if you really don't want a ds, i would try a didj, if they are still making those.
    the graphics are much better on the ds. there are games like diego for the younger kids too, but my younger one jumped right into star wars and spiderman and transformers.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:40 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Actually there are several DS games made for that age range. One is called Smart Kids and has a ton of little mini games, Crayola makes one also. My son at 4 LOVED the Nintendogs once someone got it started, like past the naming and training stage... I have been pretty unhappy with the v-smile products so far but I know Leapfrog makes one also that seems to get pretty good reviews.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:43 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• lol. @happy2bmom25 thats funny...thanks ladies maybe i will give it a shot....
    HOTMOMS23

Comment by HOTMOMS23 (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• A Nintendo DS isn't too old for him.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:53 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• There are DS games for his age range, but the games are tiny and easily lost. I'd go with something from V-Tech for that age range, they have larger games and are educational.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:05 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• V-smile is GREAT! I see that other moms think the same thing,lol.
    There are tons of games to choose from. Thats what my son had for the longest time. Plus, it can be handheld and used on the tv.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:20 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You could also try the Wii. My 4 year old has one and loves it! They are all kid friendly games and very easy to play.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:10 PM on Aug. 19, 2010