I would like to know if anyone has seen the name Jehovah in the KJV?

I've seen a lot of questions to the JWs, and they do use the name Jehovah, I looked it up in my Bible, and it WAS in there. Has anyone else seen the name Jehovah in there? Also, do you think that God and Jesus are the same person? From what I have read, God is the Father to Jesus, so how can they be the same. For in the beginning I noticed in Gen. that it says to let US create man in OUR image. So, if they are the same person, why would God say that? If God is Jesus, why does the Bible say that no man can see God and live? To me it doesn't add up, why would God say Us, and Our, is he talking to himself? NO ARGUEING,JUST ANSWERS PLEASE.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• God and Jesus are not the same person, Jesus came from God. Jesus even says not to worship him, but the Father. If no man can see God and live then Jesus couldn't of been God. so, by that reason, you have to know that Jesus isn't God, rather his son. For God gave his only son. Not God gave God.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:23 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• to my knowledge as my son of a preacher hubby explained to me (non-denominational although raised catholic) God is the father of Jesus but Jesus is the living embodiment of God. The holy spirit is the spirit of Jesus and God.

on the other hand, my hubby and his family do not believe in ghosts yet honor The Holy Spirit... Wouldn't that be a Ghost? LOL

I am constantly asking hubby questions like that and it still doesn't make sense to me. Too many things contradict each other.

I just follow the morals, not the whole thing. Every religion has the same basic rule of be kind to others and it will be returned to you.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 7:18 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Thank you for the answer. I just wonder why did God say let US and OUR. Because it would seem weird if God was talking to himself. Wouldn't it to you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• http://www.answering-christianity.com/let_us.htm

just found that. :) thought you might enjoy reading it
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 7:29 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Thanks , because I thought that it said US, and OUR in the King James Version of the Bible, because a lot of people on here talk about different Bibles being changed from the King James Bible. I just really appreciate that you took the time to look and to answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Jehovah found in Bible...

http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/?search=Jehovah&version1=9&searchtype=all
    LadyValkyrie37

Answer by LadyValkyrie37 at 8:43 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Okay, I am not christian but was raised that way... Jesus is the SON of God... Not God himself... Not the acting God... Just the son and second in comand... BUT he did aid in the creation process that is why he is considered the son and the other angles are not. So when it says US or OUR that isn't because Jesus is a God but because he was aiding in the creation of life along side Jehovah.

Most people on here will argue this point but if you are curiouse look up your local Kingdom Hall... They will help you find someone that can answer ALL your questions and use the bible to prove thier "truth"... If I were ever to convert (not ever going to happen) to Christianity I would never be anything but a JW... As I see it they live every day as close to what the bible says as humanly possible.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:46 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Sabrina, thank you very, very much for yor information. You know who I am. I do appologize to you personally. I can appreciate you for you. I admit I was wrong in what I have said to you. You have been such a big help for the JWs. Even though you aren't one now, but I bet if you were, you would be a great teacher. Thanks again. I do hope you will accept my appology. I didn't see how wonderful a person you are. I should have looked at that. Thanks again for helping the JWs out. You have been very kind in doing this, and I have to say that I admire you for you!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I agree with Sabrina, Jesus is the son of God. He is not God. She is also right when she says that Jesus aided along side of God in creation. I have never seen where it says that Jesus and God are one and the same. He IS second in command. He has been in heaven with God, and he knew Gods plan for him to be born a human being. So much so, that even Jesus was tempted by Satan. God, Jesus and the Holy spirit are not 3 separate individuals. I know that some believe this but it is not right. However, my answer is that Jehovah is Gods personal name, just like we have a personal name, it was to distiguise him from all other Gods. By his name we know what God we are praying to, and worshiping.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I do believe that God and Jesus were one, for several different reasons. I'll list a few:

John 10:33 (Jesus says) "I and the Father are one."

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God."

Father  was called God in 1 Peter 1:2 "......foreknowledge of God the Father...."

Son was called God in John 20:28     "And Thomas ansered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" 29 Jesus said to him "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed.  Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.""

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:14 AM on Oct. 8, 2008