lil help here please?

my hubby and i are thinking of making a major move. we live in pa. right now and we are thinking of moving out of state. he says arizona i say kentuck or tennessee, my question is, is there anyone out there that live in these states that could tell me what the cost of living may be. we would be looking for a two or three bedroom home to rent and he is an autobody technician ( fixes wrecked cars and repaints them) he is one of the best around pa. right now. what would his pay rate be for a job like that around those parts? any info would help and is greatly appreciated. have a good one ya all

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have no idea, I live in Ohio.
    But good luck to you guys! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:40 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I live in kentucky and for us to rent a 2 bedroom townhouse it is 650 a month, but has alot of space.
    I dont know how much they make exactly but my uncle is a mechanic and tobody technician and make pretty good money.
    HisLove18

Answer by HisLove18 at 3:42 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• thanks we've been talking about this for awhil but i think now is the time. at least i hope but thanks
    jodi205

Comment by jodi205 (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I can honestly tell you my father lives in AZ, && the cost of living is wayyy higher out there then it is here.

My best friend lives in Tenn. Its okay but not great with the cost of living

Both states though are very pretty. & AZ (depending on what part) has some great schools.

As for your SO's work I dont know
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 3:43 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• thanks to those who answered i am not on here alot anymore but i will keep the questioin up to see if i get more responses. thanks ladiies enjoy the rest of your day
    jodi205

Comment by jodi205 (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• We lived near York, PA for about 8 years and we currently reside near Albuquerque, NM. I would look on Craigslist ~ they have rental properties on there...apartments, homes, condos, etc. ~ it also depends on the exact place you move. For instance, Albuquerque, NM is huge but it is much less expensive than Santa Fe, NM. We live in a small town about 40 miles east of Albuquerque and you can find homes (manufactured) for anywhere from $500+ (average probably $600) and they usually come with at least 1 acre of property. As far as jobs go, I don't specifically know about the field you mentioned (my husband works in computers) ~ my recommendation for that would be to go to an onsite job search like Monster and search the area(s) you are interested in. Good luck! =)
    7blessings

Answer by 7blessings at 4:31 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It all depends in what part of these places you are wanting to live in there are very ghetto places and really nice places in Tenn and AZ anyways. I known nothing about kentucky
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 4:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• We live in PA now, but have considered moving to the Carolinas (Outer Banks area) or Texas along the Gulf. We'll likely wait until the kids are finished with high school before making a move, UNLESS the economy and housing market turn around, and jobs are plentiful once again--until then we're staying put!!

But I recommend this site to help in your search:http://www.city-data.com/

Then I would look at available homes on www.realtor.com to see what houses are going for in the cities you select. Naturally, I would imagine you and/or your husband will be able to find work?!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:43 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Just one idea........Google "best places to live" and Money Magazine's 2010 picks should be one of the first choices listed. Maybe towns in the states you mentioned might be on the list. Food for thought if nothing else. Good Luck!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2010