Asking for a friend

Is there a verse that says that God answers ALL prayers, though it might not be the answer u expect or the time?
I cant seem to find one for her

kvaneyk

Asked by kvaneyk at 3:46 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think that is a Garth Brooks song
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 3:52 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• there is a song...thank god for unanswered prayers. it is a country song. the singer is saying that when he and his gf broke up he prayed and prayed that they would get back together, they did not, but the singer went on to meet his wife...so thank God for unanswered prayers.
    sorry, i don't know scriptures!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:52 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• there is a prayer. but i cant put it in my brain at the moment i am sorry
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 3:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• http://www.teachingpages.co.uk/topicPresentation.php?articleUnansweredPrayerPart1 I don't know if this will help but read what it says :) GL
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• here's a handful of verses about prayer:

Mt 21:22........."...whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."

Jer 33:3......... "Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things..."

Jn 14:14........ "If you ask anything in my name, I will do it."

Jn 16:23........ "...whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you."

Jas 5:16........ "The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much."

Job 22:27...... "You will make your prayer to Him, He will hear you..."

Isa 55:11....... "So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

Jer 29:12........ "Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you."

Isa 65:24........ "It shall come to pass that before they call, I will answer,
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• There is one verse that lets us know that God does NOT answer every prayer that is prayed. It is Psalm 66:18 which says, "If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me." So the answer to your friend's question is that God does not answer every prayer that every person prays. If we have known sin in our hearts and we pray to God, even if we are believers, He will not listen to our prayers. He will instead turn a deaf ear to our requests.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:04 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• bump
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 18, 2010