who has a kindergardener that is starting school who is a SAHM and their child has never been in daycare or preschool.

how do you think your child will be the first day of school? How do you think you are going to take it with your child going to kindergarden?

I think my DD will be fine (5) she has been asking about it since she was 3 on when she was going to start school. Me on the other hand I have a feeling I am going to cry. I held back tears when she turned 5. My DD has never been in school or daycares so I kinda am not ready for this lol.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 3:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My dd started yesterday, she has never been away from me, she cried when it was time for me to leave even though she had been so excited to go, I bawled like a freakin baby all the way home. She was all smiles when I went to pick her up. She didn't have to go today and goes back tomorrow she is excited to go back and I am sure I will adjust, she is my oldest I have to go through this agin next year then in a couple more years! Its so hard but its also good for them.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 5:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Im a sahm. Little man is excited. We went by the school today to drop off some paperwork & he was heartbroken he couldnt stay. Me on the other hand Idk what Im going to do with myself.

Its always been me & him. I stayed at home to take care of him & My father in law both... Little man's never been in any kind of pre-school or daycare.

Im going to bawl like a baby when his first day comes... I know it.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 3:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I've done it twice now- my little man is 1/2 way through his first week of school and he loves it!

My dd was never in daycare either- she did just fine.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:54 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• im a sahm of two and my dd (5) will be going to kindergarten in about a week and a half.. :( I am happy for her to meet some friends and have a structured day, but yeah i will probably cry the first week. I will have my ds who is 15 months at home with me, but it will be different but also nice to have some one on one time with him.
    mommylee21

Answer by mommylee21 at 3:55 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My child was never away from me till her first day of Pre k she told me she cried the whole naptime b/c she missed me :( It was a long first day and i couldn't wait to go get her!! It got better though
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 3:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Mine is like that I am freaking out with all the things that can happen. I'm sure once she gets there she will be fine. I'm just worried about how she will handle that kind of structure.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My son starts K on Tuesday. He went today to get his booster shots! Now, you have to remember that I have two older boys, one is a Junior and one is a Senior this year, so I have essentially been there before. But because they are so close in age, they always had each other to play with and learn how to share etc.... my little didn't have that... so, in anticipation of this we started doing story time twice a week in late winter and spring time at the Library. I set up a classroom in our basement and we did school for 3 hours everyday at the same time. He took part in Safety Town for two weeks this past June and he is ready to go. School doesn't stress him because since the day he was born, he was dragged to school everyday twice a day with me when I picked up or dropped off the other two. He can't wait. I will be sad, but he will love it and he can't wait to make friends!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 4:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• my daughter is in her 3rd week of kindergarten.she has always been at home with me if she was ever watched for a reason it was family.no daycare no preschool.i started crying the day before the first day and i cried the whole week.i am still adjusting lol.She has been doing good in class but she has been crying the first few days.and she is still crying every morning saying are u sure im going to be ok,u sure i gotta go to school and ride the bus.everyone says its just going to take time for her to adjust.she has already made a few little friends and traded some of her silly band bracelets
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 4:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2010