What is the lower abdominal twitching I'm getting at 17w3 days pregnant?

for the past week and a half I've been experiencing lower abdominal spasms/twitching. They are not painful. Almost feels like when your eye twitches, but in your stomach. I'm not sure if this is the "flutters'' people experience or if it is just my uterus stretching?

miranda_nichols

Asked by miranda_nichols at 3:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I want to say it's "flutters" but I can't remember. I had those too.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• could be the baby moving, could be your uterus stretching... haha there are so many weird things going on down there its hard to say :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 3:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I bet it is the baby ...flutters were the first thing I notcied with each pregnancy! The stretching usually happens after about 25 weeks at the earliest..at least for me.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:53 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It reminds me of what I first notice before I realized it was the baby. I used to describe the feeling to my husband as like blood kind of rushing because it reminded me of when I can kind of feel the blood moving through my leg. I kept waiting for the baby to feel like butterflies in my stomach, but I've decided that's not how i would describe it. To me it was almost like popcorn popping, and I could see calling that twitching, so I bet what you feel is your baby moving!
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 4:02 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I am going to guess it's the baby, too. I couldn't tell you the first time I really felt my baby move because it took me about a week to figure out that was what it was. It just felt like this little blip in my stomach that could have been anything but eventually I figured out what I was feeling was indeed that little person moving around in there.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:03 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• probably your baby moving or muscles stretching
    jfrancis91680

Answer by jfrancis91680 at 4:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Yes, those are flutters.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:46 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Sounds like baby! congrats first movements are always so cool! bask in those cause soon it starts to hurt.... you know kicked in the cervix, or my personal fave foot in the lung. lol
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2010