how to get my 2.5 year old use to the fact sissy isn't going to be home all day (5)

My 5 year old starts school in a week and a half. She is very happy about it, but her sister that is 2.5 I have a strong feeling she is going to be hard to handle for the first couple weeks lol. She is use to being with sissy she hasn't been without sissy very much other than when my sister takes her somewhere or something and when she is gone my 2.5 year old asks where is sissy she will whin and mop around all day long so I think the first couple weeks are going to be stressful lol. Until I get use to the whinning so how can I prepare her sissy wont be around during the day?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 3:55 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• The first week is the hardest, my younger ones always struggle when the older kids head off to school, but after the first week they see the fun in not having the other ones around. I can remember one of the younger one's asking if we could send the older ones back to school. I laughed.....
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 4:02 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Explain that her and mommy are going to spend time together like mommy and sissy did before she was born. Do fun things with while your other DD is at school.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 3:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• make a big deal out of your special mommy and daughter time together when its just the two of you
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:01 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My son did pretty well when my oldest two started school for the first time last year. He got in the habit of saying when will the kids be home or how long til my kids get home. He is not going to be happy this time though bc he wants to go to school and I didn't enroll him in pre-k 3. But he will be happy to spend time with my one on one. Just have to find what's best for your daughter.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 4:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2010