Who else is a coaches wife?

My husband coaches football and wanted to see how many other ladies out there are in same boat as me!

arbnmom

Asked by arbnmom at 4:08 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm a coach's sister, does that count? My brother coaches his son's Little League baseball team. Surprised the heck out of me...never pictured him doing that, LOL. I live in TX and he's in TN so I've never seen a game of course.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• ha! Everyone always talks about how you have to truly be a good woman to marry a coach with the time he is gone, but I have truly enjoyed it because I am a sports fanatic and I have home based business, so I am able to go to all and any games and we get to see him more now that I have been staying at home which is great, even though we do have to go up to the field or games to see him. hahaha!
    arbnmom

Comment by arbnmom (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• No Im not but I am curious as to where you are going with this? Wow that sounded rude. I just meant liek are they extremly busy, hard to live with????
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 4:40 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Yep, my hubby coaches high school football too. His pre season starts on Mon (their league has rules about how soon before the season they can start with organised team events). So starting Monday he works from 8 - 4, then practice from 6:30 - 8:30, which really means 6 - 9 for him (at least). Then once school starts he goes right from work to practice and might be home by 7, just in time to eat and work on more football. He's a volunteer coach, so it's all his own time.

But I don't mind, the kids and I go to all his home games (we don't travel the 3 hours one way to away games), I love football and he loves it. One of the other wives was saying she "lets" her hubby coach because he's giving back ... I don't, I make it easy for him because he loves football, loves coaching and loves being out there with the kids and his fellow coaches.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 4:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Well coaching is my husbands job! he loves it and of course I love it! I was just curious to see how many oahes wives there are out there! ha! And yes, he is gone alot, but I don't mind, I get to spend quality time with my son. It was kind of hard adjusting at first. Most jobjs are 8-5, but his is from 730-8 and on game nights he gets home around midnight! so, to answer your questions, not really GOING anywhere with this, just curious
    arbnmom

Comment by arbnmom (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• coaches daughter in law, and it sucks.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2010