If time and money where no object, would you homeschool?

Im a homeschooler. But two yrs ago I was not. I had a dental job, and bills out the roof so I just didnt have the time or money, but I knew it was something I truely wanted to do. Now here I am today...
Thing is when I talk to other moms I hear half of them say they wouldn't homeschool even if time and money where no object. For some, it really isnt an object and they choose not to homeschool. One lady said she would leave it up to the teachers, while another said that she'd rather a proffessional do the job. On the other hand I've met moms who despirately would love to have the opprotunity. I obviously jumped on the opprotunity myself, and at the same time I still hold high respect for teachers at schools. So if time and money where no object, would you homeschool?

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 4:17 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in

• No I would rather send my kids to private school.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 4:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Time and money isn't an issue for me. No, I would not homeschool.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Time and Money are an object for us but I'm still homeschooling. It's a continuous learning process. I work part time out of the home and then work a network marketing business to fill in my income. It works out pretty good. I think it's important for my family that my kids don't attend public school. I love the idea of public school and appreciate how hard the teachers work; however, it's not an experience that everyone excells in.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 4:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• No I would not. I might pay a person to school my child one on one. Or send them to a really good private school. But me do it. No.

Answer by louise2 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I love my 5 kids tons. Time and money isnt an issue with us yet I dont homeschool. We live in an awesome little town that beats the test scores of the major cities in our state hands down. However when we lived in a large city in Virginia when my 1st was a 1st grader I was going to homeschool. I think it depends where I lived.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i think you have to really want to homeschool and put in the time to learn what you need to to teach the kid.. i rather hire someone who already knows... and have them teach my kids under my supervision... or islamic school
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• NO! i like my" me time" when my younger children goes to school
    Anna.K

Answer by Anna.K at 4:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I would, there are a lot of great home-schooling co-ops out there so you get the best of both worlds
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• No I would not. I love my children and know that I am not patient enough to teach them at home. I am sending them to an academically advanced charter school because their education is really important to me, but I know I can not do it at home. If I could hire a private tutor I would do that, but would not teach them myself.
    My sister and aunt both home schooled, they loved it, but it is not for me.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I was a single mom and full time doctoral student and home schooled. You can work and home school. It doesn't take that much time. It takes about an hour a day to equal a public school education. Another option is online school. I live in AZ and students have the choice of public or private K-12 online school and it's free. This would be a great option for families that feel they don't have the educational background to do the job.

People like sending their kids to school. It is government funded day care.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2010