how many times in a week should a biological mother call her child if the child is on someone else else time

Anna.K

Asked by Anna.K at 4:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• You mean if they don't live with their mom? Or the mom is in a different time zone? I'd call my DD every day.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:20 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I bio mom should call as often as she wants to and the child should call when they want to as well. Its only a phone call, not a long time consuming visit. But I'm sure its different for every situation because every situation has a "situation",lol.Does that even make sense? oh well.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I have joint custody with my exhusband for my two oldest kids, when they are at his house I call them before bedtime to wish them a goodnight and see how their day went. My ex and I are on great terms and he doesn't mind. Some parents don't feel it's right for the other parent to interfer with their time. I try to be respectful of his time so that's why I call just real quick before bed so I'm not interupting anything.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 4:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• At least once a day. If she want to call. How is it so hard to let a child talk to the parent?

Answer by louise2 at 4:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• As much as she wants.. If it bothers someone get the child a seperate phone line.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i do respect that time for the other parent.. im a biomother too, but i guess i dont really mind giving my children alone time with the other parent, more alone time.. i thought for a week visit acceptable is 3 and for a 3 nites stay will be one..

xoxo
    Anna.K

Comment by Anna.K (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I'm on the complete opposite end of the spectrum. I don't think Mom should call unless there is an emergency. If the kids want to call her they should 100% be allowed, but I would never call my daughter while she's at her Dad's. That's her time with him and I don't need to interject myself.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 4:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I would call at least once a day to make sure that everything is going well. If my DD wanted to call me she could. I am not in that type of situation but if I was I know that her Dad would respect that aspect and my right as her parent to check to make sure that she is doing well.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:43 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• everyday and night if child doesn't live with bio-mom. and not when child lives with bio-mom and is on dad's time. if child wants to call bio-mom while on dads time dad should allow child to do so. when child is on dad's time that's dad's time. if bio-mom has issues with that or doesn't trust dad to keep child safe she needs to seek legal advice on what to do or not send child to dad's.
    tanper29

Answer by tanper29 at 4:47 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• none, the child should have certain times they are allowed to call her..thats way shes not constantly interupting the other persons time keywords (other persons time) not hers
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 4:53 PM on Aug. 19, 2010